Tell me the Truth

Picture: Damien

There come instances in everyone's life where one listens to the tale of a friend and it is so fantastic that believing them requires a person to question not only their own sanity, but also the sanity of their friend. Did they really kiss that girl in high school under the bleachers, that girl who was now a famous model? Did the really shake hands with the president? Were they really an extra in that movie, and knew that actor you admire, personally? Did they really work for a Fairy King and have a magically enchanted Fairy Princess in love with them?

These were the questions one had to either believe, or accept that friend was a lying sack of crap. At this point in their relationship Jacob didn't have anything to prove to Jenny, she already liked him as a friend, and maybe more if he had ever taken a chance. Now Jacob was asking her to believe this fantastic story, one that either had to be real or completely fake. What could he hope to gain by lying and putting on such and elaborate show?

The biggest problem was the she was inclined to believe him, there were a few instances with Lilliana that could only make sense if some kind of magic was involved. The flash mob dance at the mall was one big instance. She was thought that maybe she had been hypnotized and knew the steps in some elaborate prank. An elaborate prank was easier to believe than what Jacob had just told her after making spaghetti for everyone.

Jenny sat dumbfounded by Jacob's explanation.

"You're kidding me." She gapped.

"I'm as serious as cancer." He sat against his chair with his arms folded.

"You really believe all of this then?"

"I have too many bruises to convince me otherwise, and have you seen Lilliana? There is no way a girl like that would be into me without some kind of magic tipping the balance."

That last part frustrated Jenny, she hated when he was down on himself.

Adrian and Damien were also shocked at how candid he had been. Lilliana was still fawning over her clothes. Jacob had emptied out the spare room of the few boxes he stored in there and let her keep her stuff in it... for now.

Jenny glared at Jacob, without Lilliana grappling him he seemed calm, much too calm to be lying. But the story he told was too outrageous to be based in fact. It didn't matter how much she stared him down he didn't budge. He was infuriatingly stoic and sat waiting patiently for her acceptance or denial.

"Ask me." Jacob's voice didn't interrupt Jenny's steady gaze.

"Ask what?"

"Ask me anything, ask me one thing and I'll be completely truthful to prove that I'm not lying about this."

Jenny sat back in her chair. "Really?"

"Really, really."

"Anything?"

"Any one question."

"How about three?"

"Two."

"Three."

"One."

"Fine, two."

Jacob raised his eyebrow but nodded. Jenny sat back in her chair rubbed her chin, this was an interesting turn of events, on one hand she already knew everything she could want to know about Jacob. On the other hand there were always a handful of facts about himself that he always avoided or deflected. For instance he never wanted to go swimming with her and other people she'd invited no matter what the combination of people. And any time he'd go he'd never take off his shirt or get wet. There was something he was self-conscience about but it wasn't his weight, did he have an embarrassing tattoo or something?