It's too early for this...

Picture: Jacob Noble.

"Ok, ok, I'm awake." Jacob held up his free hand in surrender. "What do you want Mister H?" He looked over his shoulder at his boss.

"Cookies." Mister H replied joyfully. "Lots, and lots of cookies! But the Chocolate ones, there is just something wrong with the shrunken grape ones in oatmeal."

Jacob turned his head more, so that Mr. H could see him roll his eyes.

Knock... knock knock.

"Father, are you in there? Have you found him yet?" A woman's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Oh dear, never mind those cookies, dear boy," Mr. H had released Damien, who was now perched on his shoulder and staring at the door. Mr. H placed his hand next to his mouth as if he was telling Jacob a secret from across the room, "she'll eat them all, best save them for later." Mr. H leaned toward Jacob slightly.

"Father? Mr. H, what is going on?" Jacob moaned.

"I think I hear him!" The girl said, the doorknob rattled and the door opened.

"You didn't lock the door when you came in?" Jacob sighed; his tone was harsh, but half as harsh as it could have been with the late hour.

The door opened to reveal a beautiful young woman, a stunning vision that confused Jacob's sleep deprived brain. Her dress hugged her body, perfectly swaddling every curve with tantalizing fabric. Her short frame was enhanced by her lithe physique. Her legs peaked out of her dress, teasing with soft supple skin. Her delicate hand held gently to the doorknob as she took her first steps into the apartment. The dainty curves of her face strained against her full luscious smile. Her eyes sparkled with delight when they saw Jacob and her radiant purple and blue hair bounded wistfully as if ignoring gravity. Her heels gave her an inch or so, but she was still a head shorter than Jacob. Her dark blue wings fluttered when she dashed through the small apartment.

Wait...Wings?

Jacob turned around to get a better look. They were wings, butterfly wings. He didn't have any more time to react as she threw herself into his arms. Her porcelain skin was soft, and she was lighter than air as she hung her entire body weight from his shoulders with her arms wrapped around his neck.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a glint of betrayal flicker in Mr. H's eyes and the Fairy named Damien charged at Jacob.

Acting only on reflex, Jacob threw the woman behind him and blocked Damien's assault with his cutlass. Jacob held his free hand behind him to shield the young woman and blocked a few more advances by the angered Fairy knight. Jacob clenched his fist, feigned with his sword, and connected a vicious left hook with the Fairy knight knocking him away. Jacob could feel the woman's presence behind him. He spun around the woman throwing himself into the hallway, all the while he kept his sword pointed at the air and then at Mr. H and the woman.

"What is going on?" Jacob asked. If he had just woken from his sleep, you would never know by his ready stance and his eyes that now took in every detail.

Mr. H, the free spirited King of the Nerds, had transformed into the Vengeful King of the Fae. He held up his hand and Jacob lifted off the ground. An invisible force threw Jacob into the wall he said, "Relinquish your weapon, Jacob."

The cutlass in Jacob's hand pulled away from him as invisible waves of power washed over him pressing him to the wall, but Jacob kept his grip firm on the weapon.

"If you came here to kill me, you would have done it already." Jacob called Mr. H's bluff.

"No, Daddy stop, you're hurting him!" The woman stood in front of Jacob with her arms spread out as if to shield him.