The Secret I Keep... [Chapter 14]

Chapter 14: A Daughter... A Mother...?

“I see a daughter.”

Lexie didn’t speak for a while she just lay there hugging me. I couldn’t help but wonder what Violet and Andy were doing. I had a feeling they probably killed each other I mean they were practically ripping each others throats out earlier. After a while I felt Lexie’s grin loosen on me and I realized she fell asleep. I carefully lifted her up and carried her out of the car. I entered the building and went over to the front desk. I was about to ask the lady if she saw where Andy and Violet were when I saw a familiar Violet hair girl run up to me.

“There you are!”

“Shhh Lexie’s asleep.”

“Oops. Sorry.” She whispered.

“Didn’t you guys get rooms?”

“Nope you have the money.”

“Oh yeah.”

“I’ll take her.”

“No. It’s fine. I got her.” I said with a smile.

“Okay.” She said and we walked up to the counter, Lexie still in my arms.

“Excuse me Ma’am” said Violet.

“Yes dear?” said the lady behind the desk. She had blonde hair with green eyes. She looked like she was in her forties.

“Can we get two rooms there is four of us.”

“Sure thing dear.” She typed away at her computer.

“Uhh we only have one vacancy at the moment. It’s our double suite it has two beds and a pull out couch will this be alright? We should have another open room tomorrow night.”

“This should be fine we aren’t planning on staying long.” I said.

“Only a couple days.” Violet piped up.

“What?”

“Uh Andy and I came to an agreement.”

“Oh.”

“We’ll talk later lets get Lexie to bed. You sure you don’t want me to take her I mean she is MY sister.” She said with a laugh.

“Nahh I wanna.” I said with a smile.

“Okay. Follow me.” She looked at the key card the lady gave us and I follow her up stairs and down a hall with pictures on the long hallway. The inn looked like a slightly oversized house. It had that homely feeling to it.

“Alright room 10 that should be… right here!” She said as she slid the key card into the door and it clicked open.

“I’ll go find Andy and tell him what room we’re in.”

“Alright.”

I laid Lexie down on the bed but her drip on my shirt tightened. I laughed. I couldn’t tell if she was still sleeping but I figured she was. I tried to gently pull her hands off me but she just griped my neck tighter.

“No your comfy.” She laughed. Her eyes still closed.

“So I have to be a pillow again?” I asked with a smile.

“Mhmm.”

I smirked and lifted her up.

“Wow fatty.” I joked acting as if she weight 1000 pounds.

Her eyes shot open.

“Meanie.”

“And I was gonna be your pillow. Guess not.” I said acting like I was hurt.