The Secret I Keep... [Chapter 9]

Chapter 9: The Plan

****

Alex’s P.O.V.

It got pretty boring after Violet left. The nurse said I needed to rest but I don’t feel tired. I feel anxious. I have that feeling in my gut… For some reason I felt I really needed Violet here. It’s like the protective older brother feeling… I heard a knock at the door and I was drawn from my thoughts.

“Come in.”

The door opened and I saw the figure of Andy.

“Hey dude.” He said.

“Hey.”

Andy walked over to the side of my best and sat on the chair.

“Where’s Violet?”

“Uh… Police station…”

“What why?!”

“I don’t know man! He came and asked her to come with him right after he was done talking to me. He just asked me a bunch of questions like what happened to you and I said I didn’t know!”

Great…

Andy’s P.O.V.

I felt bad telling Alex what happened. I didn’t do anything either… Well it’s not exactly like I COULD.

All of a sudden my phone started going off and I looked at the caller I.D.

Violet.

I knew she texted me because the hospital won’t give Alex his phone back. They said it would cause drama and he really needs to rest.

Violet: Andy uhh how’s Alex?

Andy: He’s fine what happened?

Violet: He wanted to ask me questions about yesterday…

Andy: What did you tell him?

Violet: I told him everything….

Andy: You sure? You seem guilty…

Violet: Will you meet me somewhere?

Andy: Um sure?

Violet: Okay meet me at the tree house. Alex will explain how to get there.

Andy: Alright.

Violet: Don’t tell Alex anything just ask where the tree house is.

Andy: Okay…

With that I closed my phone and turned to Alex.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“Violet.”

“Violet? When did you and her become friends?”

“Long story. Where’s the tree house?”

“Violet’s?”

“Yep.”

“In the woods 5 blocks from my house right off the trail why?”

“I’ll explain later. Cya later dude.”

“Uh bye?”

With that I got up and left. I walked out to my car when I saw a boy with brown hair standing in front of my car.

Randy.

I never liked Randy and right now I don’t need his crap. When he saw me his face instantly turned to a death glare. If looks could kill… I’d be dead.

I rolled my eyes and walked up to him.

“Where is she!” he yelled in my face.

I just rolled my eyes.

“I didn’t know you were her mom.”

“Well I know she was here so where is she!”

“I don’t think that’s your business.”

“Yeah it is she’s my girlfriend! Tell me where she is!”

“Nahh don’t think I will.”

I love making this guy mad he’s such a jerk and we’ve never liked each other. Though it is weird defending Violet considering we are friends now. Man, it’s still weird. I’m still not use to it.

Before I could get into my car he threw a punch and hit me square in the jaw. I turned my head and felt warm liquid fall from my lip. I wiped it off with the back of my hand. I turned back toward Randy.

“You know what? Violet is my friend. Alex is my friend. And you… your as pathetic as they come. You let Violet take the fall and you almost caused them to lose their friendship. A friendship they’ve had since they were 5. Alex loves her unlike you.” With that I turned back to my car and unlocked it.

“Oh and one more thing.”

Before Randy could even blink I turned around and decked him right in the face and he went tumbling to the ground holding his nose and crying like a baby.

“That’s for punching me and for hurting my friends you pathetic scum. Leave her alone or you’ll get way more than a broken nose.” I spat.

I quickly got in my car and drove off to the woods.

I drove to where Alex told me and got out. I walked down the trail and slightly off the trail I saw a tree house. I walked up to it and then knocked on the door. Almost immediately the door swung open and Violet stood in the doorway. I could tell she had been crying because her make-up was running down her face and her eyes were blood shot.

“Violet what’s wrong?”

“I need to tell you what happened yesterday.”

“Okay.”

I listened to her tell me the whole story of what happened and how it was Alex’s dad that tried to kill him and how he ran out after that. She told me what she told Officer Omar.

“Violet its okay But I need to tell you something too.”

She sniffed then looked up at me.

“I saw Randy before I came here. He was waiting by my car and he threatened me and tried to get me to tell him where you were. Then he punched me. Violet you gotta break up with him.”

“Andy I broke up with him this morning when I saw Alex.”

“I told him to stay away from you.”

She laughed.

“I need your help. I have a plan and I need you and Alex.”

“What is it?”

“We are getting out of this god forsaken town and we’re taking my sister with us.”

I gave her a smirk.

“I’m in.”

 *********************

Hope you liked it! Vote and coemment and tell me what you think please! Anyone who wnats to make me an awesome book cover that would be good(: