The Secret I Keep... [Chapter 10: The Escape Part 1]

Chapter 10: The Escape Part 1

***

THE ESCAPE: PART ONE

Violet’s P.O.V.

We have been planning this for weeks and today we will finally get out. We will finally be free. Me, Alex, and Andy are to meet up at the tree house at 9:00 PM.

I walked quietly to the tree house and looked at my phone. It read 8:45. When I got inside I pulled the curtain over the tiny window and waited patiently for Andy and Alex. I already had all my stuff packed and ready to go. I remember when me and Alex built this tree house. My Aunt helped us. Ever since then My Aunt, Alex, Andy, and I have been the only ones who knew about it. I looked through my bag and made sure I had everything I needed. Once we leave we aren’t coming back for ANYTHING. After a few minutes I heard a knock at the door. I ran over to it and answered it. There stood Alex and Andy.

“Okay are you ready?”

I nodded and Andy and Alex came in.

We all sat down and the guys looked through their things just as I did a minute ago.

“Okay how much money were each of you guys able to get?” I asked.

“I got 2000$” said Andy

“I got about 1500$”

“Okay and I got around 2500$”

“So that makes 6000$. D you think that’s enough?” said Andy.

“For now.” replied Alex.

The last few weeks have been hepatic. We had to wait for Alex to get out of the hospital before we could tell him our plan. There were Police all over ad we didn’t wanna risk being heard. Once he got out we told him our plan to escape. We all then tried earning money any way we could. I was currently working a double shift at Taco Bell and part time at Wal-Mart. Andy was working at the pet shop full time. Alex was working at the Auto Repair place.

Yeah I know why stay when we have jobs? Here’s the problem.

The police are still investigating Alex’s attack and he can’t go to foster care. My sister as hand it hard these couple weeks and I told her to be ready because I was coming to get her. She told me that she didn’t want me to come because she wanted me to be able to live my life without having the responsibility of a child. I didn’t care about the responsibility as long as my sister was safe. Over these few weeks Randy has been stalking me here and there and I’m just hoping he won’t find out where I am. Nobody knows we are leaving and we intend on keeping it that way. The only people that know are Andy’s cousin, (The one with the apartment) and his brother. (The one with the black car that Andy uses all the time.) Andy’s brother gave us the car and his cousin gave us the address of an apartment we can crash in 2 states away. It’s where he use to live until he moved back to this horrible town.

“Okay so we all know the plan?” I asked.

Everyone nodded.

I took one last look around my tree house. I can’t believe this is the last time I will ever see it. I looked around and took in every last inch of the place. It had a small couch up against the one wall and a small table with 2 chairs on the other. There were bean bag chairs and a book shelf that mostly consisted of comic books me and Alex collected as kids. I was really gonna miss my little house.

“Ready?” said Alex with a slight smile.

 He held out his hand and I smiled as I took it.

***

As we pulled up to a house I knew all to well I gulped.

“You know what to do guys?” I asked.

They both nodded. I got out of the car and Alex got out after me. Andy stayed in the car to make sure we would be able to make a fast get away if needed. We walked around back as quietly as we could. We told Lexie to leave the door unlocked. We went up to the door and quietly pulled it open.

We stepped inside the house and looked around. I waved my hand for Alex to follow seeing as there was nobody around. We walked through the kitchen and saw the stairs that led to Lexie’s and my old room. I quietly opened the door as Alex kept look out. There I saw the familiar face and blonde hair I knew so well.

Lexie.

She was asleep because I hadn’t told her what day we were coming.

I walked over to the side of her bed and knelt down. I grabbed her hand and held it.

“Lexie Baby Doll wake up.” I said as I quietly shook her. My Aunt use to call her baby doll and when she died I always called her that.

Slowly I saw her eyes peal open. The deep blue color of her eyes bore into mine.

“Violet?” she said at a whisper.

“Yeah it’s me come on get your stuff we are leaving.”

Her face lit up when I said this and she jumped out of bed and headed for her closet. She grabbed an already packed bag and swung it over her shoulder. She turned to face me and I held my arms out as she jumped into me and hug me tight.

“I missed you Baby Doll.”

“I missed you too sissy.”

“I hate to interrupt but we kinda have to leave!” whispered Alex impatiently.

“Oh yeah right.” I said smiling.

“Alex!” she whispered.

She ran over to him and gave him a hug. She always loved Alex.

He smirked and gave her a hug.

“Good to see ya Shorty.”

She smiled and we all headed for the door. We looked around and didn’t see anyone so we headed through the kitchen. Right as we were about to leave the kitchen a figure appeared obviously half asleep. We ran back to Lexie’s room and closed the door. I knew exactly who that was. My father. Alex pressed his ear to the door. If we made a sound he would hear. Alex opened the door a crack I was holding onto Lexie tight we must not make a sound what so ever…

All of a sudden there was a loud “THUD” and we jumped.

“Crap!” I heard him yell.

We all held our breath. We heard him getting closer to the door. His footsteps were getting louder and louder.

Lexie looked at us with pleading eyes.

All of a sudden the door swung open.

“I told you to close the door stupid girl!” he yelled at the top of his lungs.

“S-Sorry D-Daddy”

“Mehhh!!”

With that he slammed the door.

“He’s gone.” She whispered me and Alex crawled out from under the cramped bed.

“That was close.” He whispered.

“Too close.” I replied.

After that we headed through the kitchen and out the door successfully this time. We ran into Andy’s car and we sped off towards our new life.

Part one of our escape plan was complete.

 ***

Yeah i know it was short but I HAD to post at least one part of this chapter because it's super important to the story and I couldn't wait to post it I had so many ideas!