Chapter 19: Surprise for Elijah

Start from the beginning

"Do they acknowledge the bond?" Michael asked.

"We haven't really discussed it yet, but I know they felt it. You aren't shocked that I have two or bothered that one's a shifter? I didn't think it was possible for there to be more than one."

"I see no reason to be bothered by a shifter Ruach, not to mention it would be rather hypocritical of me to complain given that I am a shifter Alpha, would it not? Besides, it's not for me to determine the manner in which you are to be happy," Michael replied with a slight twitch of his lips, making Elijah chuckle.

"As for multiple Ruachs, it is quite possible and has happened before, though it's quite rare," Michael answered with smile for his oldest Made. "I suspect the reason is that few beings are truly able to properly balance such a relationship, but I admit to having considered it as a possibility in your case more than once."

"Why?" Elijah asked, genuinely confused. True he enjoyed both men and women equally, and had enjoyed multiple partners before, but he wasn't all that unusual in that regard. Most vampires at the very least, experimented.

"Am I not always telling you to know yourself?" Michael gently teased, letting Elijah wonder for a moment if he would answer. "Simply put, a single partner would have great difficulty holding your full attention, as you are both an exceptional multi-tasker and very talented manipulator. Two partners, however, will not only provide you with more excitement, but will prevent you from always getting your way, which is not healthy for anyone."

Elijah leaned back in the chair and laughed. Michael had him nailed down to a T, and his sire's calm reaction was helping him relax. Elijah took a deep breath and moved on to what was really worrying him. "So you've probably already figured out how to handle the whole divided loyalties thing? I think the whole cross species thing isn't much of an issue for them since I'm pretty sure Harriet and Misha already bonded to each other."

Michael tilted his head at the new information, finding himself rather fascinated. "I do have a number of ideas, my least favorite thought being you leaving my service." Michael held up a hand at Elijah's immediate denial, making his Made pause. "I do not believe it will come to that, but I wish you to know that I won't stop you if that is what you must do for your Ruachs."

Elijah nodded his acknowledgement, though his blue eyes burned with his loyalty. Michael silently vowed to do everything in his power to help Elijah and his Ruachs. "I believe our next order of business is to request Harriet and Misha to join us since the information they have will affect the course of action we take."

Elijah fully stretched out in his chair and leaned his head back, the tension finally draining from him. "Thank you," was all he said, but Michael heard and understood the full depth in Elijah's voice. The fact was, this bonding was going to cause some level of trouble and Michael had just given his blessing and pledged his protection.

*********************

"Wow, Luce," Maria exclaimed in amazement after hearing about everything that had happened in the last twenty four hours. "You're amazingly calm about all this. I mean you could be hiding it, but I know you, and you're definitely more relaxed than most people would be about all of this."

Lucienne nodded her agreement of Maria's assessment. "Yeah, I'm honestly not sure if this is the calm before the storm, or if I've just adjusted fast. I mean, I do tend to get over things quickly..." she trailed off with a slight frown.

"What's the prob?" Maria asked when Lucienne went silent, trying to prod her friend. "C'mon, I've seen you through thick and thin, same as you've done with me. What're you thinking?"