Chapter 16: Visitor

For those who might not have caught it, I have moved the story now called Dragon Touched (aka Something New) onto Watt, though Lit readers will still find it there as well. It is the original that I posted to Lit. I do have an edited version I'm prepping for publishing which should be ready soon, but for those who want to check out my very first story, you can find it on my account.

Anywho - Enjoy the next chapter and thank you all for your ongoing votes and comments! They mean the world to me! :)

=================================================================

Michael escorted Lucienne to a second garage housing the most amazing selection of small vehicles. Most of them seemed to be ATV's of some sort though there were a few golf carts too. She rather liked the one he brought her to which looked like a small black Jeep.

Thank God it has doors. I could have managed, but it's so much easier for to have doors when wearing a dress, she thought to herself, looking the ATV over.

Huh, even in his suit the Jeep styling actually matches Michael. Interesting, she thought to herself with an inward smile. I wouldn't have ever thought to pair him with an off road vehicle of any kind, but it totally works. I wonder if he owns anything casual for a day out in the woods... her mind suddenly veered into less pure territory, and she flushed at the images her thoughts conjured.

"We would arrive sooner if I carried you, but I would not have you arrive in such a manner before our visitor," Michael commented mildly, bringing her focus back to the present. He'd chosen not to wear makeup for his scars today, and while she suspected that was partially a tactic for their visitor, she loved that he wasn't trying to hide them from her.

His gold eyes captured hers, and she realized he hadn't missed her arousal. She flushed a little deeper with embarrassment, but then her mind caught up to his words and images of him carrying her filled her thoughts, making her want him even more. Rather than fight it, she decided to just embrace her desire. "Hmm... Maybe some time when it's just us and it won't matter if my hair gets messy?" she said with a heated look.

He chuckled and leaned in, bringing his lips to hover next to her ear while his fingers caressed her neck, making her shiver. "It would appear my lady possesses a desire for being swept off her feet," he whispered, his breath sending her hormones into overdrive.

"And after this morning I believe it's safe to assume my lord enjoys sweeping his lady off her feet," she replied, sliding her hands under his jacket, across his chest and down his sides, coming to rest at his waist. "Is it not fortunate our desires compliment so well?" she teased, kissing his neck and resting her head on his shoulder.

"Indeed it is," he replied, pulling back slightly to cup her face and gaze into her eyes with an intensity she hadn't seen before, though she also detected a hint of uncertainty. "It is almost as if we are a perfect match," he commented, his tone light enough to allow her to dismiss his words with teasing if she wished.

She was no idiot and she felt the deeper meaning. Joy and fear both flooded her, but she knew her answer. "I couldn't agree more," she replied without hesitation. "I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect than you even in a million years." She kissed him lovingly, pouring her heart into it, trying to show him the emotions behind her words.

Michael responded, and for every ounce of feeling she gave to him, she would swear his lips returned it tenfold. Her heart raced and she wrapped her arms around him, overcome with the need to hold him close to her. They finally broke apart, their faces a mere fraction of an inch away, trapped in each other's gaze.