2

A Gift From God Himself

    "Here she is! Your baby girl all cleaned up." The nurse with the glowing smile said as she carried a pink bundle in her arms. Everyone in the room was over joyed to see the sweet little baby. Her mother reached out her arms with tears rolling down her face, longing to hold her first child. The father stood proud beside his wife, willing to let her hold the baby first. Truth be told he was scared he'd hurt the fragile little thing. "Have you picked out a name for her yet?" The nurse asked as she handed the baby gently over to her mom.

    Her eyes were locked onto the face of her dear child as she replied. "Jessabelle. Her name is Jessabelle." The babies eyes opened with a fluttering motion revealing they were a beautiful clover color, just like her mothers. Now it was her fathers turn to cry. His hand reached out to touch her soft pink cheeks with a trembling hand. His lip quivered as he held back tears, unable to speak without breaking out into sobs of joy.

    This moment was one of only a few perfect moments in their lives. This one was by far the most important to them however. In this moment their family was whole. Mother, Father, and daughter. As most know though perfect things don't last forever.

    "She really is a beautiful baby." The new voice in the room caused everyone to look up in surprise. A man stood in the doorway with a strange expression on his face. He gave off an air of knowledge and a calm sort of power. Jessabelle's mother smiled in return. Somehow despite his surprise appearance neither her father or mother felt any danger from him. In fact they felt warmed by his presence. Safe even. "I've come to give you all a gift. Something to help in times to come." He spoke calmly as he ventured farther into the room. "May I hold her?"

    Without hesitation her mother held her out to the strange man allowing him to take her in his arms. His fingers gently moved the blanket away from her face so he could look at the face he'd imagined millions of years ago. When he spoke again it was to her parents. "Some day years from now your daughter will have the chance to change the course of the world... for the sake of someone I once loved, I hope more than anything she can do what I could not." He paused and looked into her green eyes. He could see the warmth in her soul and the one of a kind spark she had. That each human had. All unique. Each made for a reason. "I need you both to protect her. No matter what. That is my plan for you." With two fingers he touched her forehead. A golden light radiated from his fingers and absorbed into her. 

   What he said next could only be heard inside the small babies head and even though she couldn't understand now, when the time came she would know what he said. He gave her a gift few humans ever received and one that would hopefully help her sway the mind of he who fell.

    "Save my son little one..." He said out loud before leaving her to her parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short part. The next chapter will be when Jessabelle is older and the actually story will begin. Also the above picture is what Jessabelle will look like.