Malevolence (1)

Curled into a corner of the cell filled to the brim with my own blood, I hear the door squeak open. I huddle my knees even closer to my chest while awaiting the torture. The breathing was heavy and the steps were loud as they inched closer. I could calm myself for the time being, but it would only take the voice to throw me into deeper flames and watch me panic.

"Scarlett?" It was no doubt, Sam's voice. I sighed, my breathing hitching. "Is that you?" I whip around, showing 'Sam' my hideous face, scared, bruised, burned. I was alike a demon.

"What? Here to rub it in some more? You got me! OK? And I'm not an idiot, I know better then to think Sam would actually, after all these years, come to my rescue. I get that they aren't coming back!" I scream so loud that it scared myself. "Just stop," My outbreak took it's toll on my physical and mental state. My voice quivers and I struggle to continue on. "Just stop the charade and get to the torture already. I can't take this much longer."

Everyday was the same. I was greeted by a Sam, or Dean, or Castiel, or Bobby, or Dad. And everyday they would torture me, in the bodies of the ones I held closest...I hated it with almost all my heart...but it seemed the other half was just happy to see them. Whoever dangled Sam's reflection was by far the worst. It tore me down, brick by brick...Now I knew I was no more then rubbish. I was far from being ever being rebuilt.

"Scar, I'm not going to hurt you." I laughed hysterically as tears rolled down my cheeks. Or maybe I was crying. I couldn't think straight. Not with those eyes staring deep into my soul.

"You really take this seriously don't you." I say, between laughs and cries. Which I wasn't quite sure. "'Scar I'm not going to hurt you!'" I mimic agitated. "How many times have I heard that one? You aren't going to get the same reaction you got hundreds of years ago." I snap at him. He puts a far-to-gentle-to-be-a-demon hand on my shoulder. I didn't have enough strength to smack away his hand. Instead, I close my eyes. "Just get on with it."

I didn't feel the crack of the whip. Or a knife. Or fire, burning my flesh. There wasn't a thing painful that came my way in those moments. I didn't want to open my eyes, in fear of what I would see facing me...but I did.

"Scarlett, It's really me, Sam." He says. I roll my eyes. "It is! Scar come on, get to your feet! I have to get you out of here."

"This is just starting to get sick now." I say, wiping my face. He still looks down upon me with those eyes that make me want to jump into his arms, demon or not. "Burn me, reopen a wound, just stop staring at me like that!" I yell. "Stop staring at me like you're Sam! You aren't!" Before I can fight further I'm swooped up into familiar arms. Strong, warm arms that haven't held me in 400 years or more. "Put me down!" I yell despite the comforting feeling.

"Scar," He says finally, walking me outside the cage...it was the first time I had ever stepped outside my cell. "It really is me." He whispers. "I promise, I will never let anyone hurt you. Not ever again."

It really was him. With my head resting against his chest I could hear his heart beat and feel the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed so heavily. His arms encased me in a sense of security and a wall was being built...my sanity.

"Sam! Hurry!" It was Dean's voice. Sam held me tighter. "Sam we can't find her, we have to get out!" He calls again. Sam began to run down the halls, past the cells holding tragic victims. He held me tighter with every steps and in a moment...

White.

Everything was pure white.

Not for long...for as soon as the whiteness was there, it was gone. I was on the ground as voices ricochet in my head. I open my eyes and still, could not see...but the blur was gone now, and Sam was looking down on me, holding my hand tightly.

"Scar," He smiles hugging into me and I swear he almost broke into sobs. I could only moan in pain. He lets go of me and it is revealed that I am not in fact on the ground. I'm lying on a motel bed. I sit and dizziness overtakes me, but I quickly steady myself. Sam, Dean and Castiel were all around me.

"Thank god," Dean says hugging me just as tightly as Sam. "Thank the Lord that is not there!" He says as he lets go of me, looking at me in the eye. I smile as much as I could, but it only came into a light half smile. Castiel walks towards me now.

"Would you like me to take care of your wounds?" He asks me. Past him, I see my reflection in a mirror...it scared me. Without a word, I walked by him and stood promptly in front of the mirror. I was not the same...I was bruised all over. Hand prints were bruised around my neck, blue and purple. My lips were split open, blood and scratches covered me. Looking closer, I saw an imprint of something below my eye. It was burned and just thinking about it made it ache more.

My eyes were not the same green they once were. They were dark brown or even black. I couldn't tell. My world was cascading and crumbling again. I couldn't make out truth from fiction. Behind me, the boys eyes were black...that of a demon. I jumped and looked at myself again. More blood seemed to seek from my wounds, around me, the room had caught fire and it was seeking up me like snakes. With every inch closer my body burned more.

"Scarlett," I jump at the voice and the sudden hand on my back...but it brought me out of the terror...it brought me home. I looked at Sam for a moment before turning to Castiel.

"Fix me." I say to him. "Take the wounds away. As long as they are here so is my hell." I tell him flatly. He nods, stepping forward and pressing two fingers to my forehead. Instantly cold took over my body. I tensed but only for a moment before turning to face myself again.

The mirror showed a shocking revelation. My hair was now smooth, flowing past my elbows like how it had first been. The red was my natural color and not in fact the blood from my head wounds. My face was clean of any mark and my skin was flawless. The only thing that hadn't changed were the color of my eyes. A deep brown or light black. I still could not tell.

"Scarlett," Dean asked me. I looked at him threw the reflection of the mirror before turning to face him.

"I'm fine." I smiled as big and real as I could.

"Scarlett, I know how it feels to be this way," Dean recollects. I knew that he knew as well. "Telling everyone you're fine isn't the way to go. You have to be honest with us."

"I am being honest. I'm perfectly fine."

But I wasn't perfectly fine. I was as far away from that as it got.

"Sam...What happened?" I ask him as gently as I could. He smiles slightly.

"I thought you would be curious." He smiles. "I basically got out the day I jumped in...it was just my soul that got trapped down there. We got it back about a year later and they put up a wall so I wouldn't remember anything...then Cas broke the wall and after saw how bad I became felt bad so he took all my memories of being in the cage."

"You didn't have the best go either then I suppose." I say, staring at my palms. A hand on my knee makes me jump and look at Sam with wild eyes. He moves his hand away quickly and I sigh deeply. "I'm sorry." I whisper.

"It's OK." He says. "Really, I understand." I swing my legs off the bed and walk around the motel room, working my weak legs out and keeping my face out of sight of Sam in fear stray tears will trickle down my face. "Scar?"

"What took you so long?" I ask him, my eyes barely strong enough to control the water trying to break threw. "I didn't think you would ever come." I say to him. His face saddens but before he came to struggle words, the door swings open.

"OK! Your pick up is in the drive way, Newly refurbished if I may add." Dean walks in, dangling my car keys. This was the perfect time to ask them. "What's going on?" He takes the hint of both our facial expressions and questions begin to arise.