Flightless Bird (Supernatural Fanfiction)

"Make me believe that Scar!" He yells so loud and angry that it made my stomach churn with uneasiness. "I'm trying to do something...bigger then the both of us."

"You're going to kill yourself you fool!" I begin to cry. "No, Worse...You'll be tortured."

"It's all I have left! I threw my life away! You were gone...Dean was gone...I was on my own, I made a big mistake." He trails off.

"Is that what this is? You're doing this because you feel guilty about the demon blood?" I ask him, disgusted. He looks away from me. My eyes burn with tears that threaten to spill. "Sammy, Nobody blames you." I whisper while blinking the salty water away vigorously.

"I blame me." He says. "I'm the only one who can make things right, with the 66 seals broken and myself breaking the last...I cannot eat. And sleep is out of the question."

"You can't do this to me." My will alone is not enough to stop the tears from making a watery path on my cheek, rolling until it gets to my chin and from there drips off onto the concrete floor. He says nothing and instead catches a tear.

"I'm sorry Scar." He says, his own eyes glassy. "But we have already decided."

"We?" I ask him, even more upset.

"Yes, We." I hear Dean from behind me. I turn and when my eyes catch himself, Bobby and Castiel my feelings turn from sorrow to anger in a micro second.

"You're letting him do this? You're letting him throw himself into the cage with Lucifer and Michael!? Why did nobody think to ask for my opinion? Or does it not matter!?" I yell, storming towards him. He was no doubt scared as he backed away from me quickly. "Sam isn't Lucifer's only vessel! He can't be, what if I were to-"

"No Scarlett." Dean cuts me off. "I won't let you fight this battle."

"Are you joking me?" I snarl. "What happened to protecting your family? Why are you letting him do this?" Dean and I are face to face.

"We don't have a choice!" He yells, my bones chill but I don't back down.

"There has to be another way." I respond. "There is another way."

"You think if there weren't any more options we wouldn't have already went there?" Bobby asks me. My mouth opened but my mind was blocked. I couldn't choke out words. I just stood in front of him, tears coming on more now then ever.

"I won't let him say yes." I finally break the deafening silence and march past Dean, Bobby and Castiel.

"Scar, wait!" Sam calls after me, grabbing my shoulder. I spin, slapping his hand away, my cold glare meets his sorrow filled eyes.

"Don't touch me." I snap. Sam backs away, hesitantly. I spin again and march out of Bobby's garage and into the pouring rain. I cuddle my arms as I run to my pick up, opening and slamming the door. I start the engine and as fast as the truck would go, drive away from my family.

I sobbed heavily as I drove and soon, the tears were coming so quickly I couldn't see. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and realized I shouldn't be going 130 on a 90 speed limit. I try to slow myself down and make a right turn when I realized I have hydroplaned. I was sliding uncontrollably on the wet surface of the road. The car flipped.

Twice, Three times...Six times before finally it stopped on the roof. The seat belt was the only thing that saved me.

"Castiel," I whimpered. "Please...If you hear me...I need your help." He was not to my aid. I cried heavier knowing now I definitely had no chance of stopping Sam.

Out of nowhere, footsteps drew closer to the car. A man's. I saw his shoes and not recognizing them, I began to panic considering it was the only thing I could think to do. I reached for my phone just to be electrcuted by the water damage. I whimpered again as the pair of legs continuously got closer. I reached for the glove compartment and all the contents spilled out. Drunkenly, I reached for my gun and shot at the man. It hit his leg which was good considering I was upside down...Yet he didn't react. He stopped, only for a second before continuing closer. I jumped and fired again but none of the shots slowed him down...I was now out of bullets and all my weapons were in the back, probably thrown out after the six times I rolled.

Out of the nowhere the car flipped up right. My head hit the window with the sudden change but I hastily unbuckled my seat belt and flung open the door, falling outside the car. I crawled, trying to get away from the man but it was no use. I was grabbed by the collar when I truly began to panic.

"Scarlett, stop." Castiel. I turn and his face was filled with concern.

"Castiel, I-I'm sorry, I-"

"No matter, you're coming back with me to Bobby's. Everyone's worried." He told me. I pulled against the grip he now had on my arm.

"No, Castiel, I can't go back there."

"You have been gone for 6 hours." He told me. I knew that, I had planned on driving until I ran out of gas. I was almost out too, at least until the car decided to make a detour. "Sam is worried sick. Him and Dean were looking for you until I heard you pray to me."

"I can't face Sam, Castiel. Not after I know what you had all been planning behind my back." I tell him, looking away. He lifted my arm around his neck and swooped me up into his arms, carrying my resistant body towards a car parked around a 3 minute walk away. "Castiel, please, put me down." I begged him. "Don't let me face them. I can't face them." I was to tired to fight him and he was to strong.

"Can't or won't?" He asks me, looking directly at me as the ran poured down on us. I was getting dizzy now, the car accident was taking its toll. 

"Scar!"

"Scarlett!"

Sam and Dean. I managed to get out of Castiel's arms and stood on my own two legs as the two of them ran towards me. I could barely walk by the time they were pulling me into an embrace. I hugged into them both as tightly as I could, no tears were left to cry. I could only stand in the middle of the pouring rain, the boys holding my fragile and broken body.