1 - Life going on

If someone out there is reading this story, then please do comment :)

I would love to hear your views and do Vote if you like it :D

I have been working here for six months and I'm already looking forward for the promotion. Mr. Harris said that I could get a promotion early, as I am the best journalist he ever had.

I work with passion as I have no other thing for distraction. First, there were studies to distract me but as soon as it was over, I threw myself into work.

I get the best news for our channel. I have a good income and life is going good.

My phone starts ringing and I pick up immediately not wanting to disturb the others. Currently I'm surfing online for any recent news.

I look around to see my boss absent, so I stick the phone to my ear.

"You there? Every single time you do that to me. Hello-"

"I'm listening. Why did you call?" He has this habit of calling me three times a day.

Don't know if it's a good or a bad habit.

"Can't I call my girlfriend? I was just checking on you. I'm hurt Vivi." He fakes a sob and I laugh in return.

"Save a pizza for me. I'm coming for lunch." Austin owns the café, few blocks away from here.

I rarely take a lunch leave as I have to impress Mr.Harris.

One promotion and the I'll achieve my dream, along with the money.

I get up with all the others as they leave for the lunch break. I motivate the other journalists aka my colleagues.

I can't disappoint them by leaving for lunch everyday. But since I love my boyfriend, I can take out some time for him.

I drive my Ferrari, which Mr and Mrs Walden gifted me for my twenty third birthday. I'm a grown woman now. I check my lipstick and my makeup. After reaching his café, I fix my makeup again.

I step out from my car and enter his café. It was hot outside and the café seems to be freezing.

There were nearly thirty customers waiting for the order.

As Austin is rich, he doesn't looks up for the money. His dream was to open the café and he did.

First the months no one noticed but then I gave him an idea to advertise it.

He ignored me and I made an advertisement about the free wifi, a special suite for couples, few schemes and vouchers.

In a month the rush started and he named his café, 'Violet'.

He really does love me.

After I was kicked out of my home, I came back to New York. I went on Austin's door asking for roof. His parents asked me what happened and I explained them everything. After a month, letter came from my mother saying that she moved with her sister somewhere in Canada. She wrote in capital letters that she doesn't wants me to contact her as she is still getting over her husband's death. She used the word 'husband' and not 'father'.

I had the scholarship so there was only little money needed through my college. I made a few friends but most of them got into newspaper and radio journalism.

I send money every month to my mother. At first she returned saying that she didn't want my money.

I gave her again saying that it was for Peter. After a year I wrote her a letter saying that I want to confirm if my money reached her.

I got a letter after six months saying a single word, 'yes'. In four years she didn't get over my father's death and still blames me for everything. The mother who once was so sweet to me, turned into... not so sweet.

At first it did hurt me as I missed my family and friends.

I missed Zee my bestie. Amanda the brave and Ivy the skinny. Yeah, I used to call them with these names.

Ivy always thought that she was fat so I started calling her 'Skinny'. It did work as she started eating normally.

And that girl, is now a great model.

We needed an interview of a model Jennifer Sandra declined so everyone suggested Ivy . I begged the Jennifer to do an interview with me and everyone praised me as 'I changed her mind'.

I'm sure my friends would have done something for me but I needed to get away. They would have asked me questions and I was not ready to face Daniel.

That time, I was scared of him. I just ran away without a word. I couldn't face Ivy again.

"Third pizza and no word from my girlfriend? Thinking about the past." I'm sitting here with my boyfriend and thinking about my ex.

I give him a pout and he kisses my cheek.

"Hey Austin! What's up man?" Someone came up to him and asked. It was his friend from college. They were seen together at times.

"Nothing. Just feeding my girlfriend." He calmly says but I can see that he is irritated. What? I am staying with him for years now. I can read his expressions very well.

"Still stuck on the 'Sexy V'." Yeah! I got that name in college.

I changed my dressing and my haircut. Then there was a new and improved V. I look totally different from few years back.

I didn't wanted to act all nerdy so I changed myself. That's how I got the name 'Sexy V'.

In the first year I dated the guys but no one was good compared to Daniel.

Just a thought about him and I break up with them. I was also called a heartbreaker in my first year.

Then Aiden asked me to me his girlfriend and I couldn't deny. He gave me food, shelter, money and what not. The least I can do is be his girlfriend.

"Yes, and I plan on marrying the Sexy V. You mind?" Anger was clearly visible on his face. His jaw lines harden and his hands were in a tight fist.

"Chill dude! I was just asking. I have to leave, so...bye." That was really awkward. Austin hates when someone comments on his relationship.

Well, I support him my best.

"You have sauce round your mouth." He laughed I cleaned my my mouth remembering the same words he used.

"You have sauce around your mouth." I was about to wipe it but he shoved my hand and kissed me. He then proceed his tongue on my lips, licking it clean.

"That is gross, Daniel." I glared at him not liking the fact that my mouth tasted like pizza when he kissed me.

He will think that he is dating food and not a girl.

"I always wanted to do that. I wanted to kiss my girlfriend after she eats pizza and I did it. Wait! I didn't said that aloud, did I?" I laughed as my contagious disease spread in him.

"You did not say that aloud." He glared at me and then smirked.

No! No! No!

I tired to run away but he held me in his arms and tickled.

My eyes started watering as I laughed. My stomach hurts but I still like it. It's crazy how I hate when my friends tickle me and how love it when Daniel tickles.

No! I just love his tickling because he pauses for a few seconds to let me breathe.

How hard I tried to convince myself, not to fall in love with him, but I did.

And I regret ever falling in love.