And so it begins.

Third year of high school, I am now a junior. Well, starting today I am.  I can provide a brief summary of my past high school experience so you will understand how and why this year will suck more than... I don’t know. It will just suck.

Freshman year, I had no friends. Well for the start of it, anyway. It was the year I found my little crew of out casted dweebs. It consisted of three types of people – the former popular clique members who had disobeyed someone of a higher position and had been announced a loser in front of the school. Those types eventually wander to join us, their mould of pretty and perfection washing away and soon letting them be themselves – whoever they were. Then there were people like me, never really popular in the first place yet till classed as a grade-a dork for the simple reason that the King wasn’t keen on me. And finally, there were those few that strayed from the rules of school and just wanted to hang with us for the simple reason that we were awesome. But up until I met this lot, I was the kind that also gave entertainment to others as they tripped me over and stole my lunch money.

Sophomore year, the year that was freaking amazing until a certain blonde decided my happiness wasn’t pleasing to the eye and spread a rumour that I took a massive crap under his bed when I was thirteen because I was so poor that I was not familiar with a toilet – not true, by the way. I’m potty trained, and my family does earn more than the average family. So, Kaidon, my good sir, kindly go stick a spinning razorblade up your ass. Thanks.

And so, junior year didn’t look promising. But those in the group who are now in their final year reassured me, or at least tried to, by saying that everyone was too focused on either drinking themselves silly or having the wildest parties than to worry about a couple of lame-asses like me. It didn’t help, as Kaidon still had his older and younger amigos to watch over me and make sure pain was my only emotion while he had the time of his life.

I’m sure you don’t want to hear me blab about how my life sucks, so let’s get on with the story.

“Taylor, where are you going?”

“To join the navy.”

“Excuse me young lady, I asked a question and I expect an answer!”

With a classic, stubborn teenage-eye roll, I muttered “School. It’s the first day back, Mom. I need to go. Before I’m you know, late.” I gestured towards the door, slowly shuffling closer and closer.

“You’re still in your pyjamas!” Oh.

After changing into a more suitable outfit to set off in, I kissed my mother’s cheek and left, only to walk straight into a solid chest that certainly did not feel familiar, and considering I closed the door on my way out, instead of falling back I just sort of slid down the door like an utter moron.

With an irritated frown, I looked up to see tall, brown-haired boy – around my age, maybe? – standing there with an amused grin, his hand resting underneath his shirt and on his stomach, while the other was stretched down to help me up.

Nope.

Instead of taking it, I pulled myself up and fled. As a socially incapable freak of nature, I decided it was in my best interest to not bother introducing myself and to just make my way to school and ignore the handsome chunk of whoever he was standing at my doorstep. Way to go, Taylor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I rounded the corner and the open gates came into view, I finally let myself take a break. With a slow pace, I slumped towards the nearest tree and sat down, leaning my back against the trunk. After checking my watch I noticed that I made my way here a lot faster than normal, being here 17 minutes before the bell would ring. Whether or not this was accomplishment I don’t know.

After a few minutes of heavy breathing, I felt an arm hook around my neck and a loud growl.

“YOUR BODY IS MINE. SURRENDER NOW BEFORE I EAT YOUR FAMILY,” Two voices synchronised, one boy and one girl. The Yetsuna twins – two Japanese cuties who so happened to be in my closer friendship group. Their charming good looks attracted people at the very start of Freshman year, but because of their refusal to join in on a dork beat-up session and claims of it being a pathetic way to make someone feel better, they were stuck with me. I love them, though.

Kiki, the girl, bubbly, energetic, a talented singer.., She had many, many good qualities. She was older than the boy, Kiku, who was sneaky, mischievous and slightly girl-crazy. He was more in my boat in the fact that we were sport crazy and loved everything to keep us in shape.  How we put up with each other, I don’t know.

“Go ahead; I’d welcome some privacy in that house.”

“Oh, give me a break, you’re always alone in there, any party-crazy slut would love a house like yours. All those rooms and nothing to do in them~ How about we have a little get-together, sweetie?” Kiki chirped after the arm around my neck moved itself. She plopped next to me, inspecting my worn-out appearance.

“What happened? Get into a fight with Louis Smith?”

“Hah.” I snorted, curling my knees into my chest. “More like I ran into the chest of some attractive foreigner and being my snail of a self I ran without saying hello.”

“Pfft, only you. If I ever bumped into a cute European or so girl I’d-“

“I wouldn’t say I’m attractive.” A new voice butted in. A new, accented voice.  A new, accented, smug voice. All three of our heads turned up, and I swear I wanted to just off myself then and there. It was the same guy from this morning, looking all cute and smiley and lord RAISONS I knew who this man was.

He was mine and Kaidon’s old childhood bestie, Matthew.

Puberty did well on him. And it seemed like Brazil had, too. He had picked up the accent now.

Oh Taylor. I love you.

I decided I wanna try and pursue this idea, so.. Please, please recommend this to your friends, vote, read, and comment, whatever! Please please give it a chance! You won’t regret it!

Matthew is here! I hope you’ll all love him like I do ^^ He’s a sweetie. Kaidon has yet to make an appearance, but I promise he’ll show up sometime next chapter!

Next chapter will be up around next week.. If I get a good response, perhaps before that. C:

Pic on the side is Mattie!