14. Sweet Nothings

"What in the bloody name of tea kettles are you doing!?" I whisper shouted. I sat there glaring at his figure, knowing that he had no way out of this. But he didn't answer. I got up and asked again. Still nothing. "Explain yourself!"

There were footsteps and because it was dark and my eyes weren't yet adjusted to it, I couldn't tell what was happening. And then he spoke into my ear, directly mind you, and it was an infinitely chilling whisper. "Where are your manners Mr. Linton?" he said, gripping my shoulders and I froze.

Focus! Get a grip! You are not going to let that man manipulate you in any way! My inner suffragist said and I nodded just a tiny bit. "My manners are up your delicate arse sir." I said sweetly and giving up the hushed tones. "Now do you mind telling me why the bloody heck you were carrying me?" I wrenched my shoulders from his grip and whirled to face him. But as expected, he was not visible. Where is the light!? If there is any! I thought irritably.

"Language Mr. Linton." He spoke softly, quietly, so I wouldn't be able to hear him over the waves of the ocean. Yet I was able to hear him loud and clear.

"Don't language me, just answer my question!"

"No reason." He said simply. I heard more footsteps and then nothing.

"What do you mean no reason? There's a reason behind everything!"

"Is there? And is there reason behind your questions?"

"Yes! I want to know what you were doing, carrying me around like that!"

"A weak reason, yet reason enough." He was behind me again and he spoke into my ear. And this time, instead of him gripping my shoulders, something wilder and completely unlike himself happened.

He snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me into his granite-hard self. I gasped and my hands went immediately to his, trying to pry them off.

"Get off me! What are you doing? Are you insane!?" I said, voice rising.

"Shh. Keep quiet Lilly, keep quiet." He said in a soothing tone and to my utter surprise and horror, I listened to him. There was a creaking of a door and I held my breath, thinking that someone had just left a room. Instead, we turned out to be the ones moving into that room. Oh dear. I had a dreadful feeling about this.

Please let there be no bed. Please let there be no bed. I thought, feeling anxious.

What is going on!? Why was I acting weird? Why is he acting weird!? Why is nothing in the world making sense! And I'm not even drunk this time!

And then there was a slam of a door. A shudder ran up through me, from my toes to my nose and I stilled when it left. Something was happening behind me but because his arms were still around my waist, gripping it tightly, I couldn't move or turn. I continued struggling, trying to get him off of me, but he just would not let go!

"Mr. Ambrose sir?" I said quietly stopping my struggles for a brief moment.

"Hmm?" Something landed on my right shoulder, something sharp and hard. I felt something on my neck and I let out a staggering gasp and the weight lifted off my shoulder abruptly. "Is there something wrong?"

"N-no." I squeaked. "I am just... J-just not used to m-men hugging me..." As I finished that sentence, the weight came back down on my shoulder and my voice rose a couple octaves.

Another something landed on my neck, soft and gentle which sent a burning sensation from it all across my neck. What was happening? I moved my neck and shoulder away and managed to turn around. A window was nearby and from it a little light was shining through. Using that light I looked up at him. Even with the minimal light, I was able to see parts of his face and his eyes. And they seemed to be glowing.

My legs felt weak. No! I can't end up like those stupid women in love! Like the women in those stupid romance novels! I am not one of those women! I thought ferociously.

"So lovely.." He whispered. Hopefully he wasn't referring to me, but his ship. Or something. But then he swooped down like a raven finding its prey and leaned his forehead against mine. It was still hard! Like a block of granite, yet... Smoother??

"What is happening...?" I breathed out. He may have been holding onto me but I wasn't. I'd let go of him as soon as I turned around.

"Would you like to..." BANG! The door opened and I saw a random flash of light and saw red and blue before darkness overcame me.

And then I woke up, sweating and shaking. I looked around and found it to be morning. Light was streaming through the window I'd seen earlier and I found myself still in the room with the table and newspapers. "What the-?" I rubbed my eyes and got up, stretching. As long as I didn't see him again, I'd be okay. And I didn't think I would see him, considering the size of this ship.

My stomach grumbled and I decided to go to the kitchen and grab some food. And the whole entire time, I didn't think about how far we were from London. Instead, I was thinking about the dream I'd woken up from.

What had happened? What had he been doing? What was the strange flash of blue and red? How could this happen to me!? How did men ever deem to have likenesses for me? I didn't like any of them, and yet they did!

The world does not make sense.

"Good morning sir. What would you like to eat today?"

"Whatever food that is related to breakfast. That's all I want." I said, yawning. Including the rest of today, there were five days remaining. What are you supposed to do on a ship sailing for a week? Isn't there something to be done? I sighed, feeling defeated for some reason. Hopefully I'll find something to do...

* * *

I found myself wandering the deck of the ship. It was a bit plain and boring, but.. better than nothing. I walked up to one of ships giant masts and found a long ladder leading to the top. Curious, I started to go up it.

Ring after rung did I go up, but it seemed never ending. But after ten or so more rungs, I reached a little square opening and went through it. I stood up, looked around and gasped.

Blue. Everywhere I saw blue. And nothing else. Just blue. Dark blue for the sea, light blue for the sky. I held onto the mast for support, as the ship was still moving and the mast was swaying a little bit.

I slowly sank against the mast and stared out into the sea, a calm sensation spreading through me. All of my worries vanished and all I was left with was the slow rock of the mast and ship. I closed my eyes and for the first time in my life, I felt at peace.

Who knew that sailing on a gigantic, dark and scary-looking ship would have me feeling like there was nothing wrong with the world?

____________________________________________________________________________________

IT'S OVER

IT'S ALL OVER

OH MY AMBROSE

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😩😩😩😩😩😩🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Midterms.
Are.
Over.

-sobs-

I scared you didn't I. (:

BITCH YOU THOUGHT

OKAY HAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HOW WE ALL DOIN TODAY?! IS WE DOIN GOOD

CUZ I AM

AYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEY ;o

I hope you liked this chapterrrrrrrr ;]]]

Sorry it's so hella short

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS THANKS!!!!!

I guess I'll

See you later!