03. Wasting Nights by Riding Ships.

"Sir? Where exactly are we going?" I asked him, as we walked through the grassiness of the grounds behind the ballroom, and after a long stretch of angry silence.

"Back onto the ocean. I'll be needing for you to do a small errand for me." Ambrose said. He wasn't out of breath as I was when I asked him. How was he able to walk so quickly??? How come I didn't have that ability!?

"The ocean? Are we going back to Isle Marbeau?"

"No. Somewhere different." When he didn't elaborate, I had a feeling I had to find out for myself. I sighed, and finally lifted up my skirts to make my walking easier.

"Are we going to walk there?" And at that, Mr. Ambrose paused.

"No of course not." He walked over to the same carriage that had taken me from the Empire House to the location of the file according to Karim.

Oh right. That night. What a great night it had been! Not in the slightest. I did happen to meet a bunch of yellow piggies though. Hadn't I?

"Into the chaise you get, Miss Linton." Mr. Ambrose said, stepping aside and with a flourish he half-bowed, arm extended towards the seat of the chaise. I blinked as the beastly horse whinnied. Was he for real right now? What was going on? Why was he acting so... Gentlemanly? Is it because I'm wearing a dress? I mean I am a female like I had so righteously said earlier. I sighed and got into the chaise. Mr. Ambrose followed and took ahold of the reins. And so we were off.

One crazy fast and wild ride later we were at a dock. There was one ship waiting, and unlike the chaise, which was old, rickety, and easily breakable yet hadn't broken, was bigger and seemed like Ambrose had spent a little too much that he would've prefered. But that didn't matter. Mr. Ambrose was now waiting at the base of the ladder. Did this ship have a name? Yup. S.S. Statery. Pretty peculiar name if you ask me.

"After you." Ambrose said. This time, I held my ground.

"Oh no, I could not possibly climb up this ladder before you and have you stare up my petticoats! No, you first, sir." I said, crossing my arms. Mr Ambrose sighed and went up the ladder. My arms slackened and all I could do was stare back up at him. What'd gotten into him?! Why was he like this?? Shouldn't he have argued about something or another? Maybe he really was in a rush. But for what? And why did he bring me along?

Would I ever get to know what the hell was going on?! Probably. Once you follow him. Try asking him on the ship.

* * *

According to Mr. Ambrose, we'd been sailing for thirty minutes and forty-six seconds. And no he had refused to answer my question. All he said was that I'd find out soon enough, or 'Patience Miss Linton.' We'd reached a lonely island in the absolute middle of nowhere. The island itself was dotted with trees though. Trees, and rocks. There was one rock in particular that looked as if someone used sandpaper on it to make it flat, like a box. Yet, made of stone.

Mr. Ambrose was going down the ladder and I waited for him to get down and walk away first, before I went down myself. The waves of the ocean lapped onto the shore and everything seemed so peaceful here.

"Miss Linton?"

"Yes sir?"

"Would you take this please? And read everything out loud too. Thank you." Please?! Thank you?! Has he gone mad? Completely bonkers? Is he alright? I thought. Nonetheless, I took two steps, taking the paper from him.

"Um, yes sir." I smoothed the paper out and read from it.

Midnight come and go,
Reach out and bury his soul down
It is time, to set him free.

Say the wish,
Say the curse.

Let him turn to stone.
Never to return, to this land again.

He is not the same
As he had been.
He does not belong here.

Dear beloved girl
Let him go

We promise to take care of him
He will be alright, set in stone

Do not be afraid.

Do not be shy.

Say the words,
To bring him into a nice ending of his time.

He will not be dead,
Only asleep
In a dazed and unknown state.

I finished and folded up the paper. The wind whistled near me and I felt quite chilly. "Alright sir. I read the paper, is there anything else you need?" Silence. I looked at Ambrose. While I had been reading, I guess he'd gotten onto the rock, and was in a manly, soldierly position. I blinked.

"Sir? Are you alive?" I walked up to him and poked his leg. There was no response.

Was Mr. Ambrose turned into stone? A statue? I unfolded the paper and reread the message. I looked at Ambrose and then back to the paper. I let out a small gasp. I was right.

Rikkard Ambrose was a statue.

How did that happen?!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi hi! I know, this chapter is kinda short, but I wanted to get the point across quickly! The message is actually supposed to be a song that I made up on the spot, and it's in tune to some game music that happened to fit it perfectly.

Now that I think about it, this chapter doesn't seem really exciting. :/ My bad. Sorry guys!

Next chapter will be better!

I PROMISE :D

If you wanna know the name of the song, just PM me! I'll answer asap. c: Take care!!!