Chapter 8 * The Plot Thickens

"So you're saying Lucifer got out Cas?!" Dean basically yelled.

"Yes, Dean. P-please don't yell." Cas said before he rubbed his temple.

"I'm sorry about that Cas but if Lucifer did just pop his way out of the cage you would think that there would be signs by now. Ya'know apocalyptic signs." Dean explained as they stood in Dean's TARDIS room.

"You're right. I'm overthinking this." Cas said. The angel sat on the edge of Dean's bed as he rubbed his temple.

"You okay Cas, buddy?" Dean asked as Cas gave a nod and a fake smile.

"I'm gonna go talk to Sammy real quick m'k--" Dean was cut off by the angel, "Please... Stay." Cas mumbled before looking at his feet. Dean sighed before sitting next to Cas.

"What's on your mind?" Dean asked before Cas clung to Dean with a hug. Cas cried silently on Dean's shoulders.

"Shh.. it's okay Cas, I promise." Don't make empty promises, Said a voice in Dean's head. It was his own talking to his father after John was leaving and promising he wouldn't come back drunk.

"Please tell me, Cas." Dean asked, confused to why his Castiel was crying.

"I-I'm sorry." Cas managed to choke out in-between sobs.

"Why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry about angel." Dean reassured Cas, who rubbed circles in his back which seemed to calm him down.

"F-for everything I've done. I've betrayed you and your brother, I rebelled and devastated heaven, Don't even get me started on how I almost killed yo-" Cas was cut off by Dean.

"Cas don't you ever put yourself down like that. That's in the past and it's not gonna change so you better think about now." Dean said as Cas let go of Dean.

Cas sniffled before staring into Dean's eyes. Why are your eyes so blue? Dean thought to himself before Cas blushed as a tear stained his face.

"Did I say that aloud?" Dean asked noticing Cas' blush before Cas nodded. They didn't realize they were still staring at each other when The Doctor walked in.

"I believe we have a new theory on why we saw Luci-" The Doctor paused when he saw the situation.

Dean broke the stare to respond, " Uhm, yeah no Cas told me." Dean cleared his throat.

"Was I interrupting someth-?"

"No! But thank you for, uhm, reminding me." Dean nodded and gave a quick fake, but reassuring, smile.

~**.**~~**.**~~**.**~~**.**~

"Sherlock?" John knocked on the creaked open door of a room that belonged to Sherlock Holmes.

"Oh come in already John," Sherlock said, unlike himself. John walked in, wanting answers.

"Why were you smiling when I said my theory on... Satan, Oh dear Lord my head hurts from saying that," John said rubbing his temple.

"I was surprised that you could manage to get the words out on your theory before me. It was quite impressing John." Sherlock said looking directly at John who was standing in his doorway still. Why was he .. surprised? Or even impressed that never happens. Why is he acting unlike himself. He's never been in this good of a mood recently. So, why now? John thought, purplexed.

John just nodded in response before walking into the room. "What else would you like John?" Sherlock asked his blogger-friend.

"Oh, nothing really you just rarely smile I thought it was because of something else. Well anyway I'm gonna get some rest after what happened, I still need to recover from this nonsense." John explained before walking out and gently closing the door behind him.

"You're not gonna tell anyone you hear me Sherly. I'm in control and you're gonna watch me burn the living hell out of John." Sherlock or rather Moriarty — the one who was possessing Sherlock after getting a ride out of hell from his friend Crowley— 's eyes turned all black as if his pupil's were consuming his eye and a grin that was to big to fit his features plastered on his face.

John walked back to his room to sleep, left with his thoughts to swirl in his head. He's not like himself. What's gotten into the Sherlock I know. He should be pacing around wrapping his thoughts around the theory of Lucifer getting out, John thought before sighing. "I'm overthinking this."

John plopped on his bed with a heavy sigh escaping his mouth. I was just a normal army doctor who saved people's lives, but this, this is utterly madness! John yelled at himself in his head.

Moriarty, who was controlling Sherlock, went to Clara's room and knocked on the door. Clara opened the door, surprised to see Sherlock.

"Oh. Do you need anything?" Clara asked waiting patiently for an answer.

"You." Sherlock said before hitting Clara's head, knocking her unconscious. Lucifer teleported in, taking Clara to a warehouse. A leviathan took over her form, Moriarty trusting it to make sure the leviathan gathered information on their plans to destroy Lucifer.

"Next stop." Moriarty sing-songed before going over to Castiel's room. Without their precious angel by their side we'll have a major advantage. What do you think Sherly? You BASTARD! Too bad you can't tell John No-ow.

Castiel opened the door seeing Moriarty's true form. "What are you-What did you do to him! Who are you?! You're a fool to do this, I'm a celestial being and can kill you with my bare hand." Cas spat, Moriarty only laughed in response.

"You're too weak I'm afraid. Apparently entering another dimension can drain you." Moriarty snorted before Lucifer kidnaped him. "Hello again brother." They were gone within a flash as the next leviathan took Castiel's form.