Chapter Eleven

The next day when I walked into the lunch room a little late, I spotted Amanda and Leslie with their heads together. Cautiously I walked towards the table and sat down quietly. Leslie's head popped up instantly. "There you are! We were waiting for you." She said, startling me. Amanda turned to me and smiled brightly. "Sleepover this weekend!!" She said excitedly.

I smiled. I had planned on asking if I could come over this weekend and at the last minute I was going to say that my cousin had came for a suprise visit so she'd have to come too. But this was just so much easier. But then I registered that Leslie would be there too. Great... Another person I'd have to drug...

I smiled through the realization anyways. "Omg! Yay!" I said with fake enthusiasm. They didn't seem to notice though. They were oblivious because they had began planning everything out. I knew on Friday morning I would have to tell them my "cousin" (aka. Camilla) would be tagging along, but I didn't think they'd mind. They were very open and inviting teenagers. It made them different from the rest. I would classify them as the normal kids of the school.

For the rest of the day I thought about how I would go about my mission. I saw William once or twice and we hugged and chatted in between my classes. He asked how everything was going and I replied with a simple "Faster" and a wink before skipping off to my final class of the day.

I walked into Mr. Matthews' classroom and found that no one was in there except for him. I was slightly confused but I said nothing. I just simply walked over to my corner and sat down facing him.

"Mr. Matthews. Why is your class missing?" I asked. I knew that my Italian accent that I had worked really hard to cover had came through at that moment and made a note to make sure it never happened again. Since I was born in Italy I had an Italian accent. But even though I was taught English as soon as I could talk, my Italian was still the main thing I used until I was around five. After that it was hard to get rid of my Italian accent.

Mr. Matthews looked at me strangely and cocked his head. "Come again?" He asked. I knew he was trying to figure out why I sounded strange. I sighed. "Where are the students sir?" I asked in the same voice knowing that he had already caught it. I might as well get the truth of where I was born out of the way.

Mr. Matthews blinked at me. "What is your accent?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed. I gave a small smile. "Italian." I ducked my head and looked up at him through my eyelashes. He was still giving me a weird look and for some reason I wanted to hide my face. I never liked my accent coming through. It made me feel to different. Like my cover for my missions would be blown.

He smiled at me. "Were you born in Italy?" I lifted my head. "Yes. I was born in Cortona, Italy. It's a small town. It's one of the most beautiful art cities of Tuscany and Italy." I smiled remembering the hills of the town. I had a beautiful view from the house that we were in for my parents mission.

"Really? That's cool. I had never heard your accent before. You hide it very well. When did you move to the states?" He asked putting his elbows on the desk and placing his head on his hands. I smiled at the sight. Something about his movement into that position drew me in and captivated me. His movements were slightly graceful.

"I moved here when I was four with my parents. For me it was my first time in America. But my parents had lived here before. About a year before my mother got pregnant with me, her and my father went to Italy for a while. The reason they went there ended up taking five years to resolve. And in four of those years I spoke Italian. I learned English along with some French. But I mainly spoke Italian. Then I came to America and I had to speak English. I didn't like how I sounded different from everyone else. I didn't like how everytime I met someone they would comment on my accent. It was slightly annoying. So I hid it. That was the first time that I've slipped up in a lot of years." I sighed. Something about him made me put my guard down.