Chapter Five

As I walked into Mr. Matthews' classroom I noticed at least five kids surrounding his desk. I smiled to myself. He knows how to punish kids. He was right when he said he wasn't going to deal with immaturity this year. I walked closer to his desk and caught a piece of the conversation.

"She's so damn pretty. Like how the hell do you look like that without surgery?" A blonde girl asked incredulously. Hm. Nice to know she's jealous...

"She looks like she'd be one hell of a girlfriend." A guy with sandy blonde hair said. Mr. Matthews nodded slightly. "She's definitely a force to be reckoned with. You heard how she handled Dovonte so easily. But from my talking with her she's really sweet." His face took on this look that I couldn't quite decipher in time enough before he saw me. Mr. Matthews cleared his throat. "All right. Get out. Get out. Go on. Shoo." He motioned for the students to leave. The groaned and grumbled but did what he said. As the blonde caught my eye she smiled.

"Hi. I'm Allison." She stuck her hand out. I shook her hand and smiled kindly. "I'm Nikki." She smiled wider. "You are so beautiful." I looked down to fake bashfullness. "Thanks..." With that she turned and walked out of the door with three of the students while the boy with sandy blonde hair stuck his hand out for me to shake. "Hey. I'm Austin." I laughed. "I'm Nikki." He looked me up and down and turned back to Mr. Matthews nodding. "Definitely a force to be reckoned with." And with that he walked out the door.

Mr. Matthews face palmed himself while shaking his head. I just laughed and sat down in my seat. "Nice to know I'd be one hell of a girlfriend." I said still laughing. Mr. Matthews laughed too. "Austin has no sense. Don't mind him." I decided I'd flirt a little. I giggled. "Oh. So you saying that I'm a force to be reckoned with and I'm sweet means you don't have any sense either." I raised my eyebrows at him. He chuckled. "Touche, Ms. Cook." I laughed and then I remembered why I was in his room.

"Alright. So what does one do in detention?" I asked geniuely curious. "Well I ususally just make students sit in here and not talk." I smiled. That was easy enough. So I sat back in my desk and pretended to zip my lips and throw away the key. He laughed. "Notice I said "usually". You can talk since it's your first day and your offense wasn't to bad." I smiled. "Alrighty Professor. What would you like to talk about?" I asked.

He seemed to really think about my question. "Well. Since you didn't tell the class that much about you, tell me." Oh great. I am attracted to this man and I'm going to have to lie to him now. There goes any chance of us being together...

I cleared my throat. "Um. Well. My name is Nicolina Marie Cook. But I go by Nikki. I'm seventeen. I like to go for long walks and take even longer showers. My mom's name is Lydia and my dad's name is Jansen. I'm an only child. I like Taco Bell. Aaaaand I'm smart." I smiled. There! None of that was a lie except for my name! I'm good!

He smiled. "Okay. My name is Blake Shaun Matthews. I go by Blake. I'm thirty years old. As you can see from the size of my stomach I don't go walking for fun. Long showers are awesome. I like food in general. My mom's name is Glenda Fay and my dad's name is Henry. I have a younger sister named Claudette and another younger sister named Anna. Aaaand I'm smart enough to be a teacher." He finished with a proud smile.

I laughed. "Alright Mr. Blake Matthews. That's pretty cool." I smiled. Inside I had a feeling of wanting to so much more than that but just as I realized this, the bell rang. I gathered my books and headed for the door. Before I walked out I turned back to look at him. "See you fourth." I said with a smile. And with that, I exited his room and walked towards my History class.