Chapter 11 - 1969/1970. - Oh! Darling.

POV Yasmin.

On Saturday Rog went to the apartment to see if I was okay. I was a hangover of course, after yesterday's drinking in the pub.

Rog said he did not like me to dance on the table in the pub. Really I was too drunk to have.

I told him that if I did this is because it really was not on my lucidity. I apologized to him. At first Roger I was pouting and was angry, but then hugged me and all was well between us. I deserve a jealous friend so ...

The New Year has come and how much to the music world this year 1969 was turbulent and wonderful at the same time.

Between 15 and 17 August this year was the music festival at Woodstock. Three days of music, peace, love and rock'n'roll, and outdoor sex. That's it. The loving couples made love to free shamelessly. Really make love, not war. Other young people also took and smoked marijuana too. If I was at the festival would enjoy just the music, the wonderful peace that was at the festival and give kiss on some guys. I would not go beyond ... Without a doubt the festival this year will go down in history of the rock world. They attended the festival The Who, the cute and crazy Janis Joplin (I am a big fan), Joan Baez, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Jefferson Airplane, but the major attraction of the festival was undoubtedly Jimi Hendrix.

Jimi Hendrix on guitar sang the North American national anthem interrupted by the sounds of bombs (an explicit criticism of bloody Vietnam War not over yet). The festival was marked by the great rejection of US President Richard Nixon. With this festival Jimi Hendrix was acclaimed as the greatest rock guitarist of all time.

Rog and I attended the festival on television. My best friend was ecstatic with the presentation of Hendrix. The whole world saw on television the peaceful atmosphere and festival of love, the motto make love and not war, women with flowers in hair (I took this mania), the hippie movement, the more than 400,000 young people present. I wanted to be in Woodstock with Rog and our friends, but we were on the other side of the ocean.

As for the four Beatles members are much more reserved and mysterious lately. The weather is heavy between them. It is clear that the presence of Yoko Ono in the studios do not like the rest of the band ... Unfortunately there is no more unity between Paul, John, George and Ringo. I'm worried regarding the band, all the fans are.

On December 22 in Freddie goodbye, Tim and Bri. They will Truro on 30. We wish our friends a Merry Christmas with their families. Rog, Layla, Vick, Paul, Les and I set out to Truro in the Mini Cooper Rog. It was a mess the whole trip.

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we were with our family. I enjoyed myself a lot with my Brazilian family. Rog was my house on the 25th after Christmas lunch. It was the afternoon me and my family. In the evening I went to his house and reviewed its family of King's Lynn. Brian, Tim and Freddie have linked to us wishing Merry Christmas.

Michael's father Roger called me on Christmas wishing me Happy Holidays. He said he called Winifred, Clare and Roger. Only Winifred and Clare talked with him. Rog is very stubborn. I do not know how long this situation will continue with Michael.

Other days passed quickly. My family will stay in Truro until January 6.

Finally arrived on 30 December. Tim called Roger and me at nine in the morning saying he was from London and would ride the Brian and Freddie. We asked again our address and explain to him how to get to town. We were looking forward to their arrival.

Tim, Bri and Freddie arrived at noon at Roger's house.

Rog called me speaking of their arrival. In the evening Paul, Les, Vick, Layla and I would go to Roger's house we meet with them and eat pizza and drink.