2.

*Louis POV*

"Demi you did what!!!" Josh looked at her with wide eyes as I'm pretty sure we all were "I signed us up for the Spring dance, it'll be fun" she smiled trying to lighten the mood 'Dem, Louis and I are bullied by those kids! if we go up there, we'll be boo-ed right off the stage. Not to mention they target you just cause your friends with us!' Niall sighed furiously, Josh and I nodded in agreement.

"It's a masqerade ball. No will know its us. Oh come on we need to live a little" Demi pleaded looking at each of us. We looked at each other before reluctently agreeing to do it, she squealed happliy and started boucing in her seat again "Great I already started on our costumes" rolling our eyes at the over-hype girl we stepped out of the truck and walking in to Fallowgrove High School.

Demi waved good-bye as her locker was not near ours as me, Niall, and Josh were locker neighbors. Niall tapped my shoulder has pulled out my History notebook 'Do you really think performing in front of the school is a good idea?' I shurgged because honestly, I didn't know. Sure Demi said it would be a masqerade ball but that doesn't mean people won't regonize us, I didn't want people to hear out conversation so I spoke in sign laungue 'I have no idea but we can only hope for the best'

Niall and I had first perod together so we said bye to Josh and made our way to class. We sat in a usual seat in the middle end by the window. Niall and I were in a very deep coversation in sign laungue when someone slammed a hand on my desk casung us to jump. Laughter erupted and I glared at the culprit, Harry Style, grade-A jackass.

"Well if it isn't the nerd and the retard" he said mockliy and everyone laughed, I rolled my eyes "Hi Louis, how nice of you to show your ugly face" they laughed again, I don't let their words get to me. I know who I am and no one is going to change that "Hi Harry, takes an ugly face to see another ugly face" he glared at me as I smiled innocently.

Mr. Jenkins walked in and everyone took their seats "Good morning class, free period today. I've got some paper to grade. Kepp your voice quite" he sat at his desk and the class bommed into soft mumers. Niall and I continued out conversation, ignoring the snickers and comments being made at us.

'I'm still not so sure about this dance thing' I could see the uncertainty swimming in his eyes

'What can we do? Demi has already started out costumes and we can't bail'

'Yeah but its gonna be hard getting out of house since I have no idea when Daivd gets back and mum has been on my ass lately'

'Say you're spending the night at my house, better yet just bring everything you own' I smiled widely rasing an eyebrow

'No Louis, I see what your trying to do and its not gonna work'

I shrugged 'Worth a shot' he smiled and shook his head at my antics.

The bell rang for class to end and the students filed out with me and Niall last. Luckliy I had a class with each of my friends and we had at last period P.E together.

***********P. E. Class***********

Coach had us playing football(soccer) today. Josh, Demi, Niall and I have been playing since we were 4 and we're pretty good. We just didn't join the team since it wasn't our thing. We stood in a group on the field waiting for instructions.

"Alright! Groups of four or five. Every team will play a game and the two best will go head to head at the end. First team to 10 wins"

Of course I already had my group and a gameplan. Josh would be goalie since he's good catcher and Demi, Niall and I are light on our feet so we move easily. After getting into groups we sat on the bleachers to wait for our group to be called. "Alright Malik and Finnick! Your teams" I turned and saw the one and only Zayn Malik. Most popular guy in school, star football player and all out player. Dark tan skin and gorgeous hazel eyes, not to mention his tattoos he gets anyone and everyone and I'd be lying of I said I didn't have a crush on him. His team was him, Harry, Liam, and Stan and they were all on the team.

Zayn team won without breaking a sweat, of course they were playing against some rather non-athletic kids so it wasn't really fair game. Sam Finnick say back down on the bleachers sweating buckets like the rest of the team while everyone was giving praises to Zayn's team I decided to kinda comfort them. "Hey Sam, you put in good effort" they weren't sitting very far so I didn't have to shout or anything "Yeah, of effort is falling on your ass every 15 second then yeah great effort" we laughed and they moved so they were closer.

"My name's Louis, these are my friend Niall, Demi and Josh" they waves at their respective names "Sam, Dave, Evan, my brother Asher, and Jackson" Niall tapped my shoulder so I could look at him 'Look we made friends' he teased with a smile getting a chuckle from me. They looked confused and didn't know how to respond "Nialler is mute but normal all the same" they smiled wide "Asher is deaf and can read lips pretty well, plus we all know sign laungue" we nodded and smiled at each other, this was pretty okay.

"Tomlinson and Jefferson let's go" the guys wished us luck as we made our way down to the field. Dallas Jefferson was also on the team and was pretty violent so he thinks he can knock us down but it won't be easy. We huddled at the other end of the field "Okay, the same plan stay on your toes and wait for my whistle" they nodded once and we broke. Josh ran to the goal while we spread out of the field.

"Hey Horan, don't fall on your ass retard" Niall simply flipped him bird and I busted out laughing along with the others "I taught you well young one" I yelled to him and he flashed me a thumbs up.

Coach blew the whistle and the game began.

Much to everyone's surprise, we beat Dallas' team since they didn't know we could play and they were surprised at the things we could do. Our new friends congradulated us and we watched the other teams play. After all the teams played, coach had to picked the best two teams to go head to head.

"Tomlinson and Malik! You two teams play" Well this is gonna be intersting

We were tied 9-9 and Harry was kicking the ball down the field before Niall slid between his legs, tripping Harry and stealing the ball. "Nice Nialler!" Demi yelled running along side me. He kicked it to Demi who lead it down the field with style, I whistled our tune which had us all smiling.

Demi and Niall passed it down the field back and forth easily avoiding the other team. She stood a few feet from the goal, me and Niall behind her. She kicked the ball up with the top of her foot everyone watched it fly up, I ran forward and stepped into Niall's ready hands and he boosted me up. I kicked the ball doing a sideways spin and watched it land into the net with ease.

"Tomlinson's team wins" I high-fived the guys and our new friends as we walked to the locker room to get changed and go home. I'd invited them over for pizza and videos games which the happily accepted so I gave then my address and we said our goodbyes.

Josh, Niall, Demi and I were walking to my truck when Harry stepped in front of me with Zayn and their friend Liam and his side. "What's your game nerd?" he growled, glaring at me.

"No game dude" I said with a shrug which made him growl again "Oh yeah so what! You just can magically play soccer and beat people actually on the team! The best of the best!"

"We've been playing since age 4 no we've had a lot of practice. Don't try to describe somone you don't know" I walked around them making brief eye contact with Zayn before getting into my truck and driving off. "God I swear that stupid Harry Styles" Josh grumbled we all nodded agreement at the grade-A jackass Harry Styles.