Chapter 002

002

"How is he?" I asked the doctor the way they do in movies. We were speed walking down the hall of the hospital to the room in which Kyle was in.

It had been two hours since the whole incident and I still haven't told Trey the whole story yet.

"Not good." he replied. He stopped in front of a room which I'm guessing was Kyle's. "He's not stable, were doing everything we can," He assured.

"Thank you again, doctor," I said curtly. My phone buzzed in my pocket, causing me to excuse myself to answer it. I walked out of the nearest exit and answered my phone quickly.

"Hello." I answered. "Scarlet, how is he?" It was Trey, my boss. He was calmwhich was good since this is my first failed mission I don't get suspended.

"Not good, Trey, not good," I said skimming the area outside on instinct.

"He'll make it, I know he will," Heassured but I could tell there was a little doubt in his voice.

"Don't be so sure Trey," I said emotionless. "Alright Scar, I need you to come back and tell us the whole story alright?" He asked, but I had no choice I had to tell him anyway.

"Sure thing boss," I headed over to the black SUV parked in the parking lot. "Okay Scar, see you in a few," He stated. "Roger that," I say copying his words from earlier. Earlier? It doesn't even seem like all this happened in one day.

I failed a mission. I, Scarlet Evans, failed her very first mission in her second year at the job. I'll make sure it's my only failed mission.

I tossed my bag into the passenger seat and turned on the ignition. The hospital was about 10 minutes away from the headquarters. I glanced at the clock and it was already 10:14 P.M. Great mom is going to freak.

I parked the car in the spot assigned to just me. I grabbed my bag once again and headed inside. Headquarters was a small building only 3 floors. But it was okay since it belonged to only our team, others had to share. But since this is the small state of Redwood, we got our own.

I made it to the elevator and pressed the 2 button. Boss's office and the meeting room are on the second floor which I'm guessing he had everyone waiting for me there. 

The elevator took forever, I could've made it up the stairs faster than this. I still had on my uniform which was just all black and hair tied back. My dark brown hair still hung tightly off my head so I was good to go.

The elevators door opened and I walked down the hall to the meeting room.

"Hello Agent Scarlet, Trey is waiting for you in the meeting room," Fiona the receptionist says. "Thanks Fiona," I say while my sneakers squeaked down the halls.

I entered the room through the big heavy doors and everyone's eyes were on me. I sighed while heading to my seat the second from the end. I handed the silent sniper back to Trey taking my seat.

It felt like I was a disgrace to walk in here knowing I failed a mission. I don't like this feeling very much. My eyes meet with everyone on the team.

First Joey, the one with the brains. He could hack into anything.

Then Chloe, She was the fastest so we used her for missions on foot.

Jaxson was next; he was the toughest and barely ever used a gun.

And the last one would have been Kyle, but he's kind of on his death bed right now. Me? Well I'm the best shooter and also the youngest one here.

I'm 17, they thought it would be best to find a young agent, one you wouldn't suspect anything from.