Chapter Ten: Misinterpretations and Realizations

*Arya's POV*

@jericteng16: Just to clarify guys, @aryachen is not my girlfriend. Nakakahiya naman sa kanya. We're good friends. :)

@jericfortuna: @jericteng16 May ganun issue ba, bro? Hihi!

@kimkaizen: @jericfortuna @jericteng16 Anong issue yan, paps?

@jericteng16: @kimkaizen @jericfortuna Wala, bro. Case of misunderstanding lang. :)

@aljonmariano: @jericteng16 @kimkaizen @jericfortuna Lakas maka-tweet ni Teng!

@jericteng16: @aljonmariano @kimkaizen @jericfortuna Suss! Wala yan, bro! Ayoko lang ma-misinterpret.

I dunno if I should tweet back or ignore. I don't know the rest of the Tigers personally, baka isipin nila ang epal ko naman kung sumali pa ko sa conversation nila. And besides, ayaw na nga ni Jeric ma-misinterpret, diba?

So I exited my twitter, dropped my phone on the empty side of my bed and put my headphones on while blasting John Mayer on my iPod.

This day was a roller-coaster ride of emotions. I went from feeling really annoyed in the morning, to a euphoric afternoon with Jeric Teng and to a dejected evening alone in my room.

Earlier, my only dilemma is how to react to the fangirls but now, the biggest problem I have is how I will react to Jeric's tweet instead.

Well, clearly what he said is true. I am not his girlfriend and we are not dating. He was concerned and being the good friend, he cleared everything before it gets out of control.

But why am I feeling this way?

Maybe I am expecting so much. And more than the fans, I am the one who got the biggest misinterpretation here. He was just being nice and I am, quoting my sister, always assuming way beyond things.

*Jeric's POV*

I was welcomed by a barrage of question from the team when I arrive at practice the next day. They didn't even let me change my uniform first. They all scrambled around me like little kids, waiting for what I have in store for them.

"Sino ba kasi yung Arya?" Kim Lo, the nosiest of them all, asked.

"Nice one, paps. Ganda nun ah." Paulo Pe, joins in. Tapping me on the arm.

"Nakita mo na?" Aljon asked.

"Sa twitter. Diba naka-tag nga kay Teng."

"Eh ang tanong, sino nga kasi siya?" Kim is still insisting.

Fort is just smirking on his own in the corner of the locker room.  Looking amused at all the questions I'm getting.

"Fort! Tulungan mo nga ako dito!" I asked for back-up.

"Kaya mo na yan, bro!" He willingly dismissed me. Ayos ah.

The boys are looking at me expectantly, waiting for my explanation.

I sighed. "Si Arya, na-meet ko nung photoshoot namin for Sports Monthly. Anak siya ni Boss B." I told them flatly, as if I've been telling the story a hundredth time.

The mention of Boss B got them wide eyed, of course. Who wouldn't?

"And then?" Paulo asked. They are more interested now, realizing that she’s definitely a major catch.

"I gave her tickets to the game versus UE and she showed up to watch. The fans saw her together with me watching the La Salle game after nung game natin, kaya medyo nagkaroon ng buzz sa twitter na we're dating..."