Chapter Four: Over Japanese Dinner and Banana Splits

A/N: Sorry for the super-duper delayed update. It took months! :( But I stand by my promise to continue this one. I hope you lovely readers didn't forgot about this na. :) Comments please! Thankss!

Arya's POV

 I wish the ground could swallow me whole. I dare hope it would. I couldn't believe my brother dropped a bomb like that. Okay, so I haven't really admitted my crush on Jeric Teng to anyone else, not even to my sister who used to know every crush I had when I was in highschool. I just felt that I'm too old for those things to let anyone know. Nakakahiya, fuma-fangirl pa din ako at this age. So imagine my embarrassment when Ahia blatantly pushed me off to drown. If you get what I mean.

Thankfully, the Tengs took it lightly. I received wide smiles from all of them, even saw Jeric smiling to himself from the corner of my eyes. Yes, I couldn't look at him directly anymore after that, so I resulted to stolen glances. Ugh.

My brother treated the Tengs to a late Japanese dinner after the shoot. Of course he dragged me along with him, giving me this meaningful look every chance he get. So here I am, awkwardly seated beside Jeric's sister Almira, poking my chopsticks at the untouched tsunami roll on my plate. I couldn't really look up nor do I join their conversation. If you were me, you'd do the same, I bet.

Well, basically, all I can hear is my brother talking and everyone is getting engrossed to what he says. Jake is like a walking readers digest. You can talk to him about anything and everything. By the end of your conversation, you would realize that he actually know more things than you. That's his charm and yes, he does use it to get girls.

From the other side of the table, I can hear murmurs from the two Teng boys. Whatever their topic is about, I couldn't really tell.

"Arya, are you okay?" I heard someone say and I quickly look up. All eyes are on me.

"I'm asking if you're okay." Ahia asked nonchalantly. "Kanina pa kaya kita tinatawag."

I frowned. I'm starting to get really uneasy here. "I'm okay. I'm just tired." I answered, my voice is cold and aloof. I searched my bag for my iPhone and pretended to text someone.

There was a sudden silence. Oh nice Arya, you totally ruined this one chance to actually get closer to Jeric Teng. You might have just come across as a bratty rich kid to him and the rest of his family. But what can I do? I was pushed off to drown from the start.

So I remained quiet and invisible the entire dinner. And man, that was awkward. I just listened to their conversation, will smile faintly whenever they would burst out laughing at some hirit my brother would make. In my head, I was telling myself that today was such a big failure and I could never redeem myself anymore.

"Your temporary fantasy on this cutie just ended, Arya." My subconscious is telling me.

"Jake, mag dessert tayo, my treat." Alvin Teng offered as we prepare to leave the restaurant. "Meron isang store dito, paborito nitong mga bata."

Jake swiped a look at me and I gave him a blank expression in return.

"Sure! Libre mo pala eh." Jake cheerfully replied and I swear I wanted to pick up my chopsticks and throw it right at his gorgeous face, para magka-flaw naman yung mukha niya kahit papaano.

"Do you like banana splits, Arya? They have the best in town."

Someone is talking to me again. And this time it's not Jake.

Jeric's POV

The entire time since the shoot began until we finished our late dinner, Arya is being so quiet and awkward. I don't know if that's really her personality but judging from her twitter and instagram account, she seems really cheerful and fun not the gloomy and distant person in front of me.