Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

“What is so wrong with me that you can’t accept I’m your fucking mate?” He hissed.

The remains of Don’s lust after seeing her in his beloved Messi jersey dissipated when her words sank in. Jade spoke with so much hatred he felt unfairly judged. She didn’t know him.

The girl jumped off of the bench, but the Alpha caught her arm before she could dash away.

“Get your hands off of me!” She writhed, unconsciously bringing their bodies together.

“No, you won’t escape from me again,” Don hissed. “If you say you don’t want me as your mate, I want a logical explanation, for fuck’s sake”

“I don’t want to have anything with wolves, alright? Are you happy now?”

“Why not?” He frowned.

“Why do you care, pretty boy? Leave me alone”

Don growled at her disrespectful tone. “You’re mine, that’s why. Now tell m—“

“Have you ever been told you’re an asshole?”

“Excuse me?” Don’s eyebrows shot up in disbelief. “What did you say?”

“That you’re an asshole,” Jade spat. “A cold-hearted asshole. Why do you want a mate if you’ll treat her like this?”

“I’m the one mistreating you?” He asked, more annoyed than surprised now. “Me? You ran away from me! What should I make out of that!?”

With tears streaming down her face, Jade growled at him. “That I don’t fucking want you as my mate!”

Donovan growled back at her before crashing his lips to hers with a punishing kiss. Punishing her for being childish –well, she was a child after all-, for running away from him, for hating him with no reason, for denying their bond. She couldn’t not feel that blazing desire he felt, or that uncomfortable feeling he got in his chest while they weren’t together… Her wolf had to, so clearly it was the girl who was resisting her wolf. And taking into account her response to their kiss that morning, he’d have to coax her with his own lips.

Don roughly pressed her against the kitchen wall, his body forcing her flat against the surface while his lips opened hers to deepen the kiss in the same way he had done that morning. She held resistance, although she was struggling to catch up with his fiery passion, clear indication that his wolf –and he too- was more than ready to mate with her.

His lips left hers for a moment to allow her to regain her breath, and he went down the column of her throat purposely leaving hot kisses over her mark. She is ours.

“Stop,” Her breathy whisper contradicted her weak command, and it wasn’t like Don was planning to listen to her; except when she would moan his name. “Stop”

Donovan’s lips returned to hers but this time he slowed down. “Get used to this because you will live with me from now on”

“No,” She began writhing and crying again. “I won’t, I’m not yours”

“The faster you understand it, the easier your life will be here, love. I won’t stand this behavior much longer”

“I hate you” Jade whispered lowly against his lips in such a broken way Donovan felt he’d been punched in the face. And just as if he had, he released her and took a step back, watching with a bitter scowl as the girl slid down the wall until she slumped on the floor.