{Chapter 4} Long Walks And A Party Invite.

The beach.

The beach would be my getaway here.

I bounded down the spiral staircase in my ruffled navy-blue bikini and my cheetah print sunglasses on the top of my head, cell phone in hand. I slipped my flip flops on while I tied my black sarong around my waist.

I made sure I slammed the door shut on my way out.

I slid my sunglasses down on my face and started walking across the backyard. My feet finally hit the sand and kicked my shoes off; picking them up and carrying them to the water's edge and dropping them. I untied my cover up and stuck it under my flip flops, so it wouldn't blow away.

This sucked. I have no friends here and little to no cell service. Oh yeah, Daniel has no idea what a 'land line' is either.

I know, I shouldn't be complaining but how would you feel in this position? Moving to a new town, starting at a new school and having no friends here. Do you blame me for complaining?

I stuck my feet in the cool water and walked further in until it was up to my thighs.

"Brooklynn?"

I turned at the sound of my name. He was standing at the water's edge, staring at me like he didn't just met me two hours ago.

I pushed my sunglasses off my face and to the top of my head "Hi Grayson."

I turned back around and walked forward a few more feet before diving in the cool water. I most likely just lost my sunglasses but they would eventually drift back to shore, right?

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy. We just got off on the wrong foot and I am not in the mood to deal with him right now.

I surfaced about a foot away from the sand and Grayson stood there smiling at me.

I walked back out of the water and wrapped my cover up around me and picked my flip flops up.

I scanned the water's edge for my glasses and didn't see them. I turned back to Grayson and noticed the familiar cheetah print sunglasses.

I gave him a weird look and he snapped out of whatever trance he was in.

"Uh, h-here." He stuttered. He handed me my glasses.

"Thanks." I said, my eyebrows raised. I pushed my glasses on my face.

He made a hand gesture that I assumed meant to start walking, so I did. We walked side by side for a bit before he spoke up.

"So, there's a party tonight. At my friend's house a few miles down the road. Do you want to go? I can take you."

"Yeah, because I totally want to go to a party where I know no one and make Daniel even more pissed than he already is?" I paused, noticing the look on his face. Why did I just take my anger out on this stranger? "Sorry, I guess so. What time?"

"I can pick you up around seven fifty."

"Sounds good."

There was a long awkward silence.

"So, what do you people do for fun around here?" I asked

"Well, we come to the beach, we go boating, we party, um there's a couple four-wheeler trails across the road and all over through the woods back at the end of the road."

"Hmm."

"What about you New York, what did you used to do for fun?"

"Oh, let's see, I used to party, a lot, me and my friends broke into a couple of abandon buildings and threw parties. I also lived in the middle of a big city so there were lots of different things to do. I did a lot in New York, and I got into A LOT of trouble for most of it."