Chapter 6: Slumber Party.

Start from the beginning

"No worries. I'll buy them for you." The Dominican woman smiled.

"Thanks." Kayla smiled as she trotted over to get the pack of tank tops.

The Dominican woman arrived at the counter and waited for Kayla. Kayla came over and handed her the pack. The white lady scanned the clothing and put each in a bag.

"$23.60 ma'am." The white woman smiled.

The Dominican woman handed her $25 in cash and she got $2.00 back. She gave the $2.00 and tank top bag to Kayla and hugged her once more. She repeated again to stay strong and Kayla smiled and thanked her again.

"Um ma'am is that all?" The white woman smiled strangely.

"Oh how old do you have to be to work here?" Kayla asked.

"17. Want an application?"

"No thanks." Kayla smiled and walked away.

As she walked away she heard the white woman whisper to the other white woman a rude comment.

"We weren't gonna hire her anyway. She's too dark for this type of store."

"And plus she is black."

Kayla was not going back to that store ever again. She walked over to the gym to see if Asia was nearly done with exercising, but looked like she just started. Kayla went inside the gym and saw she was just getting started. The gym was so crowded with people getting on other appliances. Kayla sat in the far back and read a book while waiting for her sister.

30 minutes later.

Calvin showed up on the gym angrily and demanded the trainer to stop what he was doing. He spotted Kayla sitting in the corner reading which made him more angry.

"You're being just like your mother. Letting Kayla come along on everything." Calvin pulled her out the gym as everybody watched them.

Kayla ran out to see if she could get a ride to Kam's house before they leave. Calvin didn't want Kayla to go to nobody's house. He told the girls to come straight home. He hopped into his car and drove to the house.

"You're going to this party." Asia said in a furious tone.

"But, my stuff at home." Kayla said in a sad tone.

"I packed it in the trunk. I knew dad was gonna react like this." Asia hopped in the car.

"How?" Kayla hopped in the car as well. "You're psychic?"

"Nope. I just know my dad."

Kayla called out the directions to Asia as she listened carefully. Asia knew exactly where the neighborhood Kam was because some of her friends lived there. Kayla arrived at Kam's house around 1:30 pm. She grabbed her things out of the trunk and stepped up to Kam's doorstep. She rung the doorbells and waved goodbye to Asia as she drove away. A tall guy with caramel complexion and big brown eyes opened the door.

"Hello." The guy greeted.

"Hi. I'm here for Kam's sleepover." Kayla smiled.

"Oh come in." The guy let her in. "You're here really early."

"Yeah."

"Kaylaaa!!" Kam blurted out from a corner.

"Hi Kam." Kayla smiled back.

"The girls aren't here yet, but you can come to my room." Kam leads Kayla to her room.

Kam's room was light pink and large Drake posters covered her wall. She had a queen sized bed that had lavender and white sheets on it. She had two white dressers sitting under her medium window. Kam didn't have a bathroom in her room , but she had a neat closet. She also had a flat screen on her wall in front of her bed.