3. Weird Conversations

Why are you doing that? Do you value your life or the ones you love at all? I know what it's like. None of these dared to slip my lips to the boy I watched just a few feet away from me.

I could see his reflection on the mirror he stood in front of. His shaggy brown hair nearly covered the view of his tired cold blue eyes from the way he had his head angled down to his wrist. Crimson blood dripped off his pale skin and the blade he held in his other hand to cut his writs. My breath hitched each time a tear slipped from his eyes onto the porcelain sink.

As he brought his arm up to wipe off the sweat that had formed on his forehead he looked up into the mirror, then back down but was quick to look back up again. He'd spotted me cowering behind the small corner watching him.

In one swift motion he turned to the corner I was in. It was no use in hiding so I stepped out standing tall.

"H-how, how long have you been there?" His voice was small almost. I took a few steps toward him as he pressed himself closer to the sink I stopped and gulped down the lump in my throat, "It's okay, you know."

His stance loosened a little as he collapsed slowly onto the ground bringing his knees to his chest. I walked over to grab some paper towels then to him and sat down beside him.

"How'd you know I was in here?"

"I heard you from the hall," Making an effort to stop the bleeding I added pressure to his injured arm and he winced, "sorry if that hurts, but I need to stop the bleeding."

His pale blue eyes watched me but I pretended to not notice. I lowered my head slightly further down so my hair could hide the pink in my cheeks forming. After I tied the paper around his arm I tugged him to get up and he did with a confused serious expression, "Do you have a car?"

"Yeah.."

"Good. What's your name?"

He was hesitant but then replied, "Drew, Drew Wilde. Th-though no need to introduce yourself everyone knows who you are. Harley Strokes." The sound of my name coming out of his mouth left a bittersweet aura floating around the atmosphere surrounding me. I ignored his sarcasm, "Great meet me at my house and here is my number." From my backpack I grabbed a pen along with notebook paper, jotted my number on it then handed it to him. Drew eyed my hand as if it were an aliens tentacle.

"Why?" I shoved the paper in his hand and walked out stealthily so as to not be seen anyone. I'd die if anyone would see me leaving the boys bathroom.

"Wait!" I halted in my tracks and slightly turned my head to glance behind my shoulder,

"Yes?" I said patiently, "What do you need Drew?"

"Uh... W-why are you limping?" I scanned my leg and saw that only the balls of my feet made contact with the floor. I cringed, "Oh. That, I just twisted my ankle during soccer practice no biggie." I didn't actually notice I was limping.

Under his breath he scoffed 'klutz' which served to offend me but only slightly.

"You can say it to my face instead of talking under your breath like that."

A guilty expression etched across his face as he continued the conversation "You didn't tell me where you live, oh wise one."

"Oh, I didn't." He shook his head reminding me of a child like behavior. "Well I can give it to you right now."

"Or you could hop in the trunk of my car and I'll drive to where you like right now." He joked.

"How would you hear me then?" Drew had a twinged of second thoughts to his original joke and another smug smirk appeared soon after, "Touché, you have a point. Let's go."

"Wait, what? Now?" His light blue eyes rolled annoyance radiating off them.

"Yes now. Hurry up." Drew strutted a few steps to what I believed was his car then turned to carry me in his arms bridal style.

"DREW!? What are you doing!!?" I yelped taken aback by his actions. I bounced as he laughed at me, "Chill out Harls, I just need to be somewhere and I can't have you slowing anything down." I huffed and tried to reach for my phone in my back pocket. Drew obviously saw me reaching for my phone. Then I felt a hand brush my bum.

My eyes widened, "Woah, hey there buddy, no touching the merchandize." He cocked his eyebrow and sending me a crooked smile with a sarcastic eye roll, "Don't flatter yourself I was trying to help you grab your phone." I felt more embarrassed that I would have if someone had caught me sneaking out of the boys restroom.

My cheeks went red and as the beautiful boy laughed above me. A flutter tingled through out my limbs making it hard to not feel like jelly at the moment. Thank goodness he was carrying me I don't think I'd be able to walk.

Once we reached his car he let me down as I walked over to his passenger seat. After he unlocked his car I let myself in and began dialing Bryce's number.

The phone rang a few times until his husky voice flowed out of my phone, "What's up Harls? It's still early isn't it?" I heard a faint 'who is it?' in the background. It hit me that Bryce doesn't naturally have a husky voice unless... Ugh gross.

"Ew did I, did I interrupt something? I hope for your sake you're doing it while your moms not home." It wasn't any of my business but I like to tease Bryce about it.

"Shut up Harley, and no one needs to know what happens behind closed doors. What did you need?" He said jokingly grumpy. " Yuck. Nothing really I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting a ride so no need to bother coming to school to pick me up."

"It's never a bother Harls."

His comment made me feel warm inside so I giggled, " Love you Bryce. Bye!"

"Love you too Harls. See ya later."

The line went dead and I put my phone away then looked to Drew. He stared with a perplexed expression, "What?"

"That was the most weird conversation I've ever heard."