Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I don't own Darkest Powers or the characters so don't sue me!!!

Preview:

Before we go, I should warn you about something,” she said very serious. I nodded and she held a finger in front of me. “First, is that Tori can be a little mean, but don't let that bring you down. And Simon and her are twins. Just thought you should know since Tori gets overprotective over him.” Then, she held two fingers. “Second, Simon is sweet and nice and all, but it seems like he's acting so be aware.” Holding three fingers she said with the loopy look she had before, “Third, be very VERY careful around Derek. Cause, you know, he is a wolf.”

And that was it. She didn't say he was like a wolf but that he is a wolf.

Chapter 5: Liz Duty

Liz walked right pass me and sat at the table. But I was too stunned at what she said.

He is a wolf. He is a wolf. He is a wolf. It kept ringing in my ears reminding me of the blood-stained wolf on our balcony this morning. Finally, after a couple of more seconds and I followed and sat beside her.

Did she really meant it? Was it her talking or was it the loopy gas? Can Derek really be a wolf? A werewolf? And worst of all, Can the wolf on the balcony be related to him?

I sneaked a glance at Derek, who sat a little right from me, while eating my spaghetti. He had a big pile of food on his plate and was silently stuffing it in his mouth when he saw me stare. I guess I'm not sneaky enough. Now I'll never get to be a ninja as I always hoped for. Thank you, Derek for flushing my dreams down the drain.

Blushing, I quickly looked at Liz, desperate to get out of Derek's glance. “Are you okay, Liz?” She stopped gobbling her food and looked at me wary. “Why? Are you gonna try and steal my food again? No way, Cookie Monster! Not this time! You'll never get mi Lucky Charms!!!” She moved a little away from me and wrapped her arms around her plate giving me a look.

Wait. Cookie Monster? Lucky Charms? She had to be loopy when she said Derek is a wolf. But a part of me still refuse to let this go. It said that he is a wolf...er...werewolf whichever.

Simon and I exchange a look. “Okay, how about we talk about who has to take care of her at times?” I nodded and said, “It should be two of us guarding her while the other rests.” He agreed. And so we began talking about our schedules with her.

All of us at morning.

Derek and I: 1st period.

Derek and Simon:2nd, and 3rd period

All of us at lunch.

Simon and I: 4th and 5th period.

Derek and Simon for 6th period.

And Derek and I at night.

But this 'Derek and I at night' is only temporally. Simon has to do some work that whole night with the principle and dean. Normally it'll be all of us at night. Which means Derek has to come to my room and help me tonight. Great. And it also means I can't get any alone time with Liz to ask her about what she said. Even better.

“So we're good with it?” Simon asked Derek and I. We both nodded. Perfect. I'll send nights with the guy that Liz said is a wolf. Perfect. Great. Fabulous.

Than Boom! I jumped as Rae slammed her full tray on the table beside me. She had a mad look on her face, clearly she was upset. “The stupid dean got mad at me when I grabbed my food. Saying I was getting too many sweets and should cut down on a good healthy diet,” She gestured to her body, “I mean, do I look like I need a diet?”