Chapter 9

*Gajeel's POV*

"...and that's the story."  I said.   All three of them had shocked faces, even Erza.

"Gajeel, how come you never told us?"  Wendy asked. 

"I wanted to be accepted, not turned away because I was a creation of that wizard." I said, looking down. 

"Gajeel, we would've heard your story first before making such a harsh decision." Erza said.  "After all, you looked helpless and you were really injured.  So of course we were going to help you."

"Besides, you said you dedicated your life to helping us in anyway, right?" Wendy asked.  She was very young when I was found, but she was right. 

"Yeah, and since I did say that, I am going to keep that promise to you."  I looked at them.  "You said I could go save Princess Levy.  And I need to go now I'm order to keep her from getting hurt."

Erza nodded.  "Alright.  You can go save her, but we are going to not send you alone.  Two of our strongest knights will accompany you."

"No. I don't want anybody else dragged into this." I said.

"Gajeel, we want you and Levy to come home, unharmed." Jellal said. "But these knights aren't any ordinary knights, they are mages. They can aid you."

"Thanks but no thanks." I said, standing up. "Like I said, this is my fight. Jose and Metalicana went too far with attacking the castle, and taking Levy. So I am going to do this alone."

Erza smirked. "Levy's right. You are really stubborn when you are told things. But, we know that Jose will be expecting you to come. Gajeel, please let us help you."

I had to think about it. I was the closest to Levy. Afterall, she was the one who found me, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. "Fine. But I'm in charge of them and they have to follow my orders. They don't know who they are up against."

"Thank you Gajeel." Wendy said, with a smile.

"Anything to keep you and your family happy." I said, smiling at the young princess.  I got up from the bed and stand on my legs, which are a little weak from my last blow.  I know I'll be fine.  I'm more concerned about Levy's well being.  I just hope that Jose hasn't laid a single hair on her.

After I put on some clean clothes, I grab a small bag and pack an extra shirt, pants and a small blanket.  It was going to take a six hour trip to get there.   My friend only survived four and a half before she was taken back. 

When I was about I reach for my shirt,  I saw something else that caught my eye.  A small strip of orange fabric.  I picked it up and looked at it.   I remember this.  It was Levy's headband.  She gave it to me as a symbol of our friendship.  I take it and tie it around my wrist, knowing that my main objective was to get her out of Jose's lair safely.

As I finished packing, there was a knock on the doorway of the room I stayed in.  I look over and see Porlyusica.  "What do you want?" I asked, turning back around and closing my bag. 

"It's dangerous to go to that mountain unarmed you fool." she said, walking closer.

"I don't need weapons to face that freak and his dragon." I told her, throwing the bag strap over my shoulder. 

"Maybe not, vut you will need this." she said.  I look at her and she is holding out a charm.  "What do I need that for?" I asked.

"It's a charm that will help you unlock your hidden power Gajeel." She said.  "You will need it to defeat Jose and Metalicana."