Off to Work

Word Count: 361

The two finished their breakfast just before the ringing of the doorbell was heard. Levi got up, placed the empty dishes into the sink, then headed towards the door with (y/n) trailing along behind him.

He opened the door to see two faces that greeted him every morning, his co-workers Hanji Zoe and Erwin Smith. "Hey there shorty!" "Good morning, Levi." Tch. Morning Erwin. Hanji." "Meow" Levi stood aside to let his friends into the house. "Good morning to you too (y/n)!" Hanji bent down to hug the now panicking cat. She squirmed in the hyper, brown-haired arms and tried to escape. "Oi! Put her down! Your scaring my cat!" "Awwwww...but -" "No buts!" "Fineeeeeee..."

As Hanji set (y/n) down, a heart chuckle could be heard from Erwin. The talk blonde found it amusing that (y/n) was so similar to Levi. Especially when it came to being around Hanji. "Hanji, leave poor (y/n) alone." A small pout formed on Hanji's face before it reverted back to her usual smile.

"C'mon shorty! We gotta go now if we don't want to be late for work!" Sighing, Levi told the two to wait for him. He ran back into the kitchen and set an extra dish of salmon in the counter for (y/n) if she were to get hungry while he was at work before grabbing his coat.

"I'll be back later as usual (y/n)." His companion gave a meow in response before Levi shut and locked the door.

Silence.

Not a single sound was heard in the house. Shortly after Levi had left, (y/n) made herself comfortable on the couch and curled up in a ball to sleep.

Several hours had gone by and as usual, the house was quiet. But the silence was disrupted when (y/n) woke up the sound of faint clicking. Levi had left at 6:30. When (y/n) looked at the clock, it showed that the time was 12:00 Levi wasn't supposed to be home for another three hours and she knew that he never changed his schedule to come home early.