Imani had cursed him out, yelled and screamed at him when he she reached home and he wasn't there. She was just getting used to his angry outbursts but never had she received anything like that. Did he really think that she would put his mother in harms way? 

If he had let her explain, she would have actually told him that every ten minutes she would ask Lily-Ann if she wanted to sit down or go up to her room.

But he didn't let her explain.

Simply blasted her and made her look like an absolute idiot in front of everyone. 

As soon as she left the hospital, she had to walk around to calm herself down and kill someone. Thankfully Benjamin was right outside and so she told him to take her straight home.

Imani even considered returning to her mother's home but she realised as angry as she was, her big heart wouldn't let her leave him on his own.

The doorbell rang and they both turned towards the noise. Checking the time, Imani knew that it was her mother with LJ having picked him up from school. She slowly placed the knife down, washing her hands and drying them. Walking past Vincent, she leaned on the space beside him whilst casually tying her hair up.

"As of now, we don't talk about anything unless it is to do with the company or your health." She said, keeping their eyes levelled and watching as a muscle in his jaw ticked. "I've had it up to here with your little outbursts but this time? This time you went too far." 

Dismissing him, she walked away. "Kevin Jetter is coming at 11 tomorrow for your meeting." She said over her shoulder, leaving to go and open the door for her mom and LJ.

Vincent scoffed as soon as she had left. Who was she to start making orders in his house?

Either way, he knew her little rule wouldn't last any more than a few days. 

A week and a half later, Imani was busy hoovering the house with her earphones in on full volume when Vincent entered the room. For a few moments he watched her as she bounced around in her big t-shirt and fluffy socks, dancing along to whatever she was listening to in her ears.

He was finding watching her so interesting that he almost forgot why he had came down in the first place. He had to talk to her. About a matter that wasn't business related nor was it about his health. 

Vincent had thought she had been joking when she said that they wouldn't talk but since the moment she had said that, she hadn't uttered a single word to him. He had tried to talk to her but to no answer. He had to admit that he missed talking to her.

Something he never thought he would have to admit.

What Vincent hadn't been expecting was for Lily-Ann to refuse him to stay any longer than 5 minutes when he went to visit her. Why? Because Imani wasn't with him like she had requested. So now he only saw his mother for 5 minutes everyday because every time he tried to talk to Imani, she would leave the room before he could get two words out.

Well now he was getting sick of it. He hated there being silence whenever LJ was at school and Imani was working at home.

"Imani."

She continued to dance, singing a few words here and there. Off key wasn't the word to describe it. He pulled a face as she continued murdering whatever song she was 'singing'. "Imani." He tried again, a little louder this time.

"What's it gonna be? Cos I can't pretend! Don't you wanna be - more than friends? Hold me tight and don't let go. Don't let go!" She sang at the top of her lungs and Vincent guffawed, holding his chest whilst leaning on his crutch.