Chapter 3: A God Takes My Lunch

We all gathered at the pavilion for lunch. Louis told me to sit at the table with him and introduce me to the rest of the campers.

                                When every one was seated ,Louis stood for announcements. "I would like to introduce our newest camper ,Dillon Stone." Louis said pointing at me. I stood up. "After lunch we will decide where he will stay until he is claimed. For now let's eat." He said siting down. Every one began to eat. I just couldn't figure out where to get the food. I turned to Louis and asked "Where do I get the food?" "Oh, you simply ask." He replied. I turned to the plate and asked "Could I get a cheese burger with a side of fries." And suddenly there it was, everything I asked for. I asked the glass for root beer and it suddenly filled with root beer. "I could get use to this." I said smiling. 

                               I was about to start eating when there was an explosion of light. When the light dimmed a man stood in the center of the room. "Lord Hermes. What brings you here?: Louis said standing. "I have a very important message for Dillon Stone." Hermes said looking at me. He walked over to me and handed me a small purple box. He looked at my burger as if he hadn't eaten in days. "May I have that burger? Sorry it is just I haven't eaten in days." Hermes asked kindly. "Sure." I said handing him my burger. "Thank you. I will repay you." Hermes said turning and disappearing. I opened the little box. In it was a purple stone with a star cared into it.

                           When lunch ended Helen met me in front Hecate's cabin. "Dude I have never seen Hermes so nice to any one. Not even Zues!" She said in shock. I sat there studying the stone. "You've see Hermes before? I thought gods where banded from their children." I said. "Yes they are but no one here is his child. Like I said this is a camp for the children of minor gods." She explained. "Oh." I said still studying the stone. Then I realized something, the star on the stone was the same as the star that was carved into the door of the Hecate cabin. "But dude it was almost as if Hermes was scared of you." Helen said still amazed. "I think he had a good reason to fear me." I said holding the stone up to the door. There was no time to react. The door erupted in a bright purple light. When the light died  the doors slowly opened. "I think I now who my mother is." I said turning to Helen who was on the ground. She stood up looking more suprized than I was.

                     I walked into the cabin. "I thought these doors could only be opened by Hecate?" Helen asked still in shock. "Yes but I am the next best thing. I am her son." I said smiling.