Chapter 21

A/N: Here we are. next chapter finally. hope you guys are still here reading. all the love as always xx

~L

________________

Harry's POV:

I sat straight up and immediately felt several hands on my chest pushing me back down. It felt like I was sitting in a very cushioned chair, cause I wasn't flat on my back. My head was aching and I felt something pulling in my arm but that wasn't my concern. I tried to breathe properly and calm down, but my heart was racing uncontrollably. I needed Louis, I needed to know he was alright...Had Mark gotten him? I didn't remember much after Louis had passed out in my arms, but I wouldn't accept he was dead. No. I had to see him.

"Louis..." I mumbled, trying to get my bearings. I could hear aloud fast paced beeping next to my ear, and suddenly voices came through to me.

"We need to get him calm."

"Someone go get a nurse...or Anne, or Jay, anybody."

What? A nurse? Where the hell was I? Why weren't they bringing me Louis? That's who I needed. I needed Louis, right here, right now.

"Harry, mate, you need to relax...try to breathe, please." Niall's voice came through clearer and I reached out, looking for something to hold on to, to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. I felt a hand in mine, but it wasn't Niall's, or any male that I recognized. It was female.

"Harry...Harry, love, it's Jay. I need you to calm down for me...open your eyes..."

It was then that I realized that my eyes were screwed shut, so tight that it was making my head throb worse than before. I gripped tightly onto Jay's hand and slowly opened my eyes. Everything was extremely bright and I had to blink several times before I could see properly.

I was definitely in a hospital, that much I knew. The white blankets and the machines and the IV in my arm were enough to indicate that. Niall and Liam were sitting nervously in chairs off to the right and Jay was kneeling next to my bed, holding my hand tightly. I looked around...no one else was in the room.

"Wh-what happened? Where's Louis? Is he alright? I have to see him..." I tried sitting up again but Jay pushed me back down gently, one hand lingering on my chest.

"Harry, you need to relax. You'll hurt yourself even more..."

"But Louis...I have to see him..." I insisted, but suddenly my head gave a painful throb and I went limp, closing my eyes at the pain.

"Love, you can't see Louis right now..." Jay said, and there was something in her voice that made my heart sink terribly. I opened my eyes and slowly turned my head to her, looking right into her eyes.

"Is...is he..." I choked out, feeling the tears building already.

"He's alive. He's in intensive care. Broken ribs, internal bleeding, severe dehydration and starvation. He'll be okay, but right now he's under with a lot of painkillers...he's not awake." Jay responded, and I couldn't help it. Tears leaked from my eyes and down my cheeks.

"I...I'm so sorry...I should have been quicker...should have saved him...fuck, I'm such a failure...It should be me in there, not him..."

Jay stood up suddenly, looking almost mad at me. "Don't you ever say that again. You did more than anyone would have done, especially at your age, and you should never wish injury on yourself! Imagine what your mum would do if you were in there...what your friends would say?" She gestured at Niall and Liam, who looked absolutely exhausted and worn out, and then I looked at Jay. Her cheeks were dry, but her eyes were red. She had definitely been crying. I opened my mouth to apologize, but she shook her head. "No need to be sorry...I know you're distressed. It's alright. Maybe later we can take you in to see him, yeah?"