Chapter 5

A/N: I am so so so so so so sorry for the wait, guys. It's been raining for 9 days straight here, which always seems to put me in a writing mood, but I haven't had any spare time. But here we are, it's finally finished. I hope you guys are liking this so far, it's amazing to write! Tell me what you think in the comments. What is gonna happen next? I wanna know what you think! All the love, as always xx

~L

____________

Louis' POV:

I didn't sleep at all that night. For once, it wasn't because I was comforting my sisters or doing homework. I just couldn't sleep. Niall hadn't left until I basically forced him out of the house, telling him that I was fine. Which was the exact opposite of what I was. I was not at all fine, in any sense of the word, and it was all Harry's fault.

I didn't know what it was about him, but...something weird had happened in the bakery. Despite it being my first time in there in years, I never ever though that the sweet old ladies that worked there would hire teenagers. And when I saw that mop of hair, everything inside me just froze. There was no rhyme or reason to it, but I completely forgot everything about him knowing me at school, and all my barriers went down. I tore my eyes away from him and saw Liam standing back there as well, looking more shocked than Harry, if that was even possible. My eyes, against my better judgment, went back to Harry, and I swallowed hard, trying not to look like I was staring or anything. Which I wasn't...staring, that is.

Niall's voice interrupted my stream of thoughts by ordering what he wanted, and I shook myself mentally. I needed to get myself together, even though I was not even sure what the hell was going on with me. I told Harry what I wanted and laughed at my own joke. Niall was looking at me strangely, but I felt like some of the weight was lifted off my shoulders. I was talking like a normal person. Everything was fine.

At least, that's what I thought until Harry handed me the bag. It was barely able to be considered a touch, but our hands brushed against each other, and the sensation of being suffocated by my own thoughts was back. I pulled back as fast as I could, and Niall and I got out of there. He was basically dragging me to the car, his eyebrows pulled together in concern. I got in the car and closed the door,closing my eyes and trying to breathe normally.

"Lou, what the fuck...are you alright?"

"No...yes...I don't know. I just...I panicked!" I nearly shouted, my eyes shooting open. I could only see Harry's bright green eyes in my head and that was not helping.

"There's nothing to panic about, Lou. You're fine. It was just Harry."

"Yes, and that's exactly my problem. Fucking hell, Niall, I don't even know what just happened! I just...like, I saw him and I froze. And then we touched hands. I do that with hundreds of people every day but...I felt...goddamn it, Niall, I can't do this!" My arms were flying and I couldn't control my panic anymore. Niall reached over, took the bag from me, and grabbed my arms, pinning them to my sides.

"Louis Tomlinson, you need to relax. Just breathe for me, yeah? You're going to be okay, but only if you can calm the hell down and talk to me in a normal tone."

I bit my lip and forced myself to turn around, keeping myself as calm as I could. "Just drive, please. I need to get away from here. Drive."

Niall reached over, took the keys from me, and started the car. I rolled the window down as we drove off, and the cool wind on my face seemed to calm me down. I was panicking for no reason. Everyone had weird urges and feelings these days, we were all hormonal and shit. That was all it was.

"Sorry..." I mumbled after a while, and Niall let out a breath of relief as we pulled up to a stoplight.

"It's alright...if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, but what the hell happened back there? I've never seen you like that..." He sounded worried out of his mind, and if Niall was worried, that meant that it had been a lot worse that I had thought.