"Is everything alright?" He asks, sounding worried. I sniffle and cough.

"Not really. Just please hurry."

"I'm here."

I don't question how he got here so fast. I just run down the stairs and out the doors to my dads car.

I slide into his car and we take off. "Are you okay?" He asks as I sob.

"I'll explain everything when we get home I promise." I tell him.

We pull into our driveway and he opens my door for me. I climb out and we go inside and sit on the couch. I hug him as I cry and sniffle. I can't believe this...

"Tell me what happened." He says. I pull my face back and wipe my eyes. He looks so worried and confused. I feel bad for doing this to him and making him worry.

"This is going to sound insane dad. Just don't put me in a ward for this."

"Just tell me everything."

"So..." I sniffle. And I proceed to tell him everything. From everything about how Alex met me and his eyes. I leave out all the sex and how much I skipped classes. But I reveal everything else. He just sits there listening. Until I finish with what happened today.

He sighs when I'm finished. "You met a vampire?" He asks.

"Y-yeah."

He sighs again. I haven't realized until just now how stressed he looks. But he still looks so young. Just like when I was a little kid.

"I didn't want you to know yet... But I believe you Kat."

"You do?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes baby. Because... I'm a vampire."

I freeze. And then I blink. "What?" I deadpan.

He sighs and shows his pearly white fangs. I open my mouth to say something but words are caught in my throat.

"Am am I... am I a... a-a-a vampire?" I ask.

"I don't know sweetie. You could very well become one. But it's hard to say."

"W-was mom...?"

"No. She was a human."

"But that's forbidden." I whisper. He sighs.

"I know. I thought she was the one and I thought maybe my eyes were off or something. But they weren't. I should have listened to my mother."

"W-was the doctor a vampire?" I ask.

"He was a werewolf."

"A werewolf!?" I whisper yell.

He chuckles but it's laced with sadness. Poor dad...

"Yes."

"Dad?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"What am I going to do about Alex?"

"Well baby... Talk to him. Sort this out. He is your true love."

"But Rachel!? Out of all girls in the entire world dad... You know what she used to do and call me."

He sighs. "I know sweetie. But he made a mistake. It happens to the best of us."

I hear the door being knocked on. It's an urgent knock. And then without another second the door has come down and there's Alex in all his glory.

My dad stands, turning to him and Alex freezes in his spot. My dad chuckles at his scared expression. What even man...

"Don't worry boy. I'm not worried about the damn door. I know you're probably worried about Kat."

Invade me (book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें