Why Me? ~ Caroline

Hi, I'm Caroline. 

One year ago, Adam Cook, the hottest, most popular guy in school-possibly the world- asked me out. He asked me, the nerd, the girl with her head always buried in books. Not good looking, not skinny, not popular. It didn't make any sense. Impossible.

At first I thought he was teasing, as we've been childhood friends since longer then I can remember. Yet, I'm still too much of a nerd for even that to make me popular.

I turned to walk to my next class. He ran to stop me. I closed my eyes.

"Very funny, Adam." I snooted.

"So that's a yes?" I opened my eyes back up to find him smiling at me charmingly.

"I'll get back to you on it." I replied dropping some of my books, being the klutz I am. I still wasn't sure if he was joking or not. The last thing I wanted to do was to make a fool out of myself. He bent down immediately to pick them up, and handed them to me. Without a word, I snappily grabbed them from him and made my way to algebra.

In Algebra, I couldn't stop thinking about whether he was joking or not. He was always joking, he had to be, but he seemed so serious. And I definetly didn't want him to be joking. Funny, smart, cute, good-looking, not to mention popular. Who wouldn't want him to ask them out? 

But if he was joking like I suspected, I would be the laughing-stalk of the entire school. Ha. That was pretty funny. Adam Cook asking Caroline French out on a date. As if.

Walking to my locker to get my lunch I saw my best friend Stacy and pulled her aside to ask her her opinion on what Adam asked me earlier. 

Stacy has been my best friend for seven years now. We met back in third grade, when she was new to my school, and I took her under my wing to show her the ropes-as far as elementary school goes. Now here we are as sophomores in high school, still best friends. 

"Stace!" I said hurriedly.

"Caroline!" She played back exaggerating my effort in a hurried conversation. 

"This is serious!" I stomped my foot whining. 

"Whaaat?" Stacy laughed to herself. 

"Adam asked me out this morning." Just saying that sentence made my heart drop. It felt wrong, like even my heart knew that he was joking. 

"That's great! You should totally say yes! You guys would be so cute!" She pulled me into her smushing my face into her shoulder. 

"No, it's not. I'm pretty sure he was kidding around." My stomach suddenly hurt. 

"Oh, well then just ignore him. He'll get your point that you didn't take him seriously." She shrugged.

"But who knows when I'll get asked again? If this is real then...then..he'll think I'm a jerk if I ignore him! And being the nerd I am that could be forever!" I shouted back at her almost furious for not trying to convince me that he wasn't kidding.

"Oh honey, they'll come around again. They always do." She smiled and patted my shoulder. I just rolled my eyes. Yes. Of course. They always come around again-for her. Not for me. She's beautiful, unlike me.  She has long blond hair, deep blue eyes, actually has a sense for fashion and is skinny enough to be a supermodel. Of course they come around again for her. 

~Hope you guys liked it! This idea just came to me, and I just had to see how it played out! Tell me what you think! Thanks so much for checking it out! Continue? ♥, Flyinpiggy123~

Oh, and Caroline is now on the side! ------->