Too HOT for comfort

Start from the beginning

The fridge light blinds you as you open the door to what should be food paradise. You look for something to snack on but all you spot is leftovers. Not in the mood for that. After closing the fridge door your head snaps to the left and you spot a freshly ripened peach sitting in your fruit bowl.

Oh thank the heavens! You think.

You couldn't be bothered eating leftovers. Again

You happily scarf down the peach but just about choke on the pit that you forgot existed within the beautiful fruit. 

Mmmmmmm that was good.

You close your eyes, feeling really sleepy. That last thought you think of before falling asleep is that you need to buy more food from the store. 

*Big Time skip* 

4 days have gone by since B/F/N helped you pack and stayed overnight.

Since then you have put all of your washroom and bedroom stuff into boxes. 2 days until you leave for California! Ahhhh. All that's left to do is pack up the living room and all of your clothing. 

Today you chose to wear a dark grey tee-shirt, light wash skinny jeans, a leather jacket and light brown boots. 

Your H/C hair is in a high ponytail and you did more of a smokey eye for your makeup.

Today you're plan is to go to the park and meet up with one of your other friends. F/N.

*Time skip* 

You arrive at the park and it's way colder than you expected. The fridgid breeze blows in your ears and you shiver. You find F/N sitting on a bench in the middle of the quiet park near an elegant fountain. 

"Y/N! It feels likes it's been forever since I've last seen you! How are you?"

"Good thanks. A b-bit c-co-cold th-though..." you reply. Stuttering. 

"Do you want to go grab a hot cocoa or a tea or something at a Café?" 

"Ye- es-sss p-plea-sse." You say, shaking from the cold.

*Time skip* 

The walk to the Café was shorter than you expected. 

You arrive at a tiny looking Café. It's painted light blue with dark wood doors and it has pink flowers surrounding the front entrance. 

It's so adorable! I wonder what year this place was built....

*Ting ling, ting ling*

The bell above the dark, rustic looking door rings as you walk alongside F/N into the cute little Café. 

"I could go for a chai tea" F/N states.

"I'm leaning more towards the vanilla latte" you say as you almost walk into a table. 

(A/N: I'm sorry if the story gets a bit confusing from now on. I'm trying to decide if I want to use the "you" point of view or the "i" point of view. So for now there might be a mix. Please let me know which you guys prefer! ^_^ ) 

The waitress glances a dirty look in your direction. What a Snob.

"Gosh, what a judgy woman..... I can't help it if I'm clumsy!" you whisper to F/N.

You and F/N walk over and grab a seat near a small horizontal window. Far far away from where that rude waitress seems to be working.

We order our drinks and wait patiently. 

Your drinks haven't been served yet and eventually you find yourself telling F/N the important news about California. 

"Catching up on life is fun" F/N says joyfully. "I'm really happy for you!" 

"I agree" you remark. "And thanks"

When your drinks finally arrive you are very excited to taste your latte.

Without warning you take a sip of the hot drink and burn the heck out of your tounge. 

Trying to hold in a scream, your face turns bright red and you hint to F/N that you NEED water... now! Finally F/N catches on to your dilemma and asks the nicer  waitress for some ice water.

"Ahhhhh" You exhale. Exausted from holding your breath. Continuing to sip on your water.

Luckily your tounge pain subsides and you finish your Café visit with a mouthwatering slice of strawberry pie.

Not the healthiest choice around, but it was either that or a hot fudge brownie, and you didn't want to deal with anything else that includes the word hot  in it. 

You say your thanks and goodbyes to F/N and walk separate ways.

Your phone starts to buzz and you check the time. 4:36pm. Better go home and finish packing. Only 1 day and a few hours until California!

(A/N: I would really appreciate any feedback regarding this story so far. And can I just take a moment to celebrate me getting a bit more used to writing a lot. Today's chapter reached 1326 words. I'm excited for what's to come. Also please tell me your thoughts on the "you" and "i" thing. I'm kinda new to this stuff. Anyways bye! Xx)