19. Battling with love

Start bij het begin

Amaranta rolled her eyes " Don't over estimate the importance of illegal organisations for me. I have no interest in anything but pursuing my career here as an actress, musician or singer or anything else. But I want to be independent from my father. I want to get away from it. I know I am lucky. Male heirs like Costanzo don't have the luxury. I am a girl so I am free to do as I want."

Antonio persisted " You didn't answer my question. Why do you care about my father? Why are acting like you are on our side?"

Amaranta remained silent looking into Antonio's eyes. She then reached her hand up to Antonio's face gently. As she was about to touch him, he took afew steps away " Don't... I have a woman. You can't."

Amaranta looked hurt and crossed her arms over her chest " Relax. I am not a home wrecker. I guess I forgot for a second that you have a woman or ... do you? I have been hearing that you are dating different women on daily basis and none of them happen to be Georgina Canavaro. So I am confused here. Since when are you with Georgina? When did you start dating?"

Antonio looked taken back  " That's a personal question."

Amaranta smiled " Oh. I see. You haven't asked her out yet. Either that or she has been rejecting your advances just like old times."

Antonio spoke quickly " Don't change the subject. Why do you care about my father?"

Amaranta spoke " I don't care for him. I care about what it would do to you if Francesco hurts him for his betrayal. Francesco said it himself. He said your father promised not to reveal the location of Francesco's mother to Paulo. That's betrayal in his eyes. But to us it doesn't look like betrayal. We know your father changes his own rules even when it comes to marriage and love. He believes a piece of divorce paper doesn't end a marriage. He believes a man and woman can't break their vows unless they die. His own ex wife believes the same thing. when Piero found his ex wife, she requested to love with her sister but she assured him, she loves no other....,"

Antonio spoke " What are you saying? My mother was found after she ran away and she chose to live in hiding? Not that I care. She abandoned me. I don't think I am interested in knowing what she is upto. But that's still hard to believe."

Amaranta spoke " Your father didn't let her contact you as pressure to make her accept him again. Not that it worked in winning her over. It hurt her inside out. It really did but she couldn't leave her sister in isolation. Her sister needed her more than you needed her."

Antonio frowned " What do you know about what has gone on in her life. You speak as though you have spoken to her personally."

Amaranta bit her lip " It's because I have. I went to hospital to see Franecsco's father after his assassination alongside my family except for Ambrogio of course. Alot of families where there naturally. Rosarios are well known. It was then, that I had the chance to speak to her about her life when us, women went out for dinner. She told me she took you away from your father to protect you from becoming a criminal. She regrets causing you hurt when she moved to a neighbourhood that taunted you for being born to a single mother when she took you England. She said to me that keeps her awake at night knowing she made a decision that affected you so badly."

Antonio laughed bitterly " Well. She should sleep at night. It made me stronger what she did. The hell I went through during my childhood made me love my father more and appreciate his affection for me. I felt safe and protected at my fathers home unlike her home. Now I think we have talked enough. I should go."

As Antonio was about to walk away Amaranta blocked his path " Wait. I am sorry about everything. I hope you forgive your mother and protect your father. Please be careful."