Chapter Seven

>{Chapter Seven}<

Joshua's POV...

It was probably three in the afternoon when I felt a pain in my knees as if I had hit them on something so suddenly, only seconds after I felt as if I was going to cry... I had no idea why but as I felt all of these mixed feelings I also felt the need to be with Acadia...

Maybe she needed me just as I felt as though I needed her.

What if the pain and the sadness was coming from her?

What if our bond was so strong already that I was able to feel what she felt but in smaller portions?

But because I wasn't one hundred percent sure, I let my assumption pass as I continued on organising the meeting that was taking place next week.

By seven at night, it had been dark for two hours and Devon had left an hour ago to go home and put Solace to bed.

But still there was no sign of Caitlin or Acadia and I became worried, forgetting all about my work and quickly picking up my phone to call Caitlin.

I tapped my fingers on the desk impatiently as the phone rang for what seemed like too long until it was finally answered after the sixth ring.

"Joshua?" Devon asked curiously, sounding half asleep.

"Is Caitlin home yet?" I snapped, still tapping my fingers.

"She's been home since two. Why? What's going on?" He continued but I had stopped listening when he said she'd been home for nearly six hours.

That's six hours that Acadia had been alone and probably in some form of danger.

"Put her on the phone. Now!" I yelled, now getting to my feet and pacing around my office.

I heard Devon quietly tell Caitlin that I wanted to speak with her and that it sounded like she was in some deep shit.

I instantly heard her take hold of the phone and I wasted no time to speak to her.

"Where's Acadia?!" I yelled into the phone.

"Calm down Josh, I'm sure she's fine" Caitlin told me calmly which only made me even angrier, mainly because I was worried for Acadia.

"When did you last see her?" I asked her, in a slightly kinder tone but I knew that she could tell I was still mad.

"Well, she left Cup-A-Ccino's at about twelve because people were starting to point at her and whisper about her" She informed of and right away, I became confused.

"Pointing and whispering... why?"

"Everyone knows she's your mate Joshua, that Acadia is the future Lady to this coven. So she left because she doesn't like being the center of attention and that's was the last time I saw her" I could practically see Caitlin shrugging with the tone that she was using, talking about it all like it was no big deal.

"Where did she go?" I pressed, standing still now because I knew that I was close to figuring out where my mate was.

"She told me that she was going straight back to your place but obviously she didn't. If it helps, she was heading towards Persimmon ave" Caitlin said with a questionable tone.

"That's only just around the corner" I thought aloud.

"I know, is that all you need right now?" She asked me kindly.

"Yes. Thankyou Caitlin"- but she interrupted me just before I could hang up.

"Joshua, if she's not there, call me please. Devon and I will help you look for her if need be" She added.

Just then I heard the front doors open and close downstairs, making me freeze and listen closely.

I had a few vampires from my coven patrolling my home so whoever it was wasn't any danger to me so it made me wonder who it could be since I wasn't expecting anyone.

I was paying so much attention to whoever it was that had walked into my house that I didn't hear Caitlin yelling my name.

"Joshua Malik Taint!" Caitlin yelled, making of flinch away from the phone at how loud she spoke.

"I've gotta go, I'll call you if anything happens" I dismissed, hanging up on her and slowly placing the phone back onto my desk.

I walked over towards the office doors, just as I head whoever it was coming up the stairs and walk down the hallway.

I immediately saw Acadia walking towards me, not looking at me but straight ahead only to walk straight past my office and into my bedroom.

I felt relief as soon as I saw her, knowing that she was okay and not hurt like I first thought. Although I didn't check her over for any injuries, I was concerned however with the fact that she didn't take any notice of me and that she just walked past me like I was invisible.

Just as I was about to go after Acadia, something inside of me told me not to, to let my mate come to me when she was ready and that I would be rewarded for letting her have time to herself.

What was wrong with me?

What was telling me all of these things about what Acadia felt and what I should do when it involved her?

So I listened to whatever it was that told me to leave her be, and I went straight back to my paperwork.

It was difficult, trying to figure out how much it was going to cost me to fly all of the clan and coven leaders here for the meeting.

Surely it was no more than Fifty thousand, since most had insisted that they would pay for their accommodation and any extra fees, but there were more than forty vampire leaders coming.

Not including the two or three vampires from each clan and coven that each would surely be brining along with them.

I stopped when I heard the water begin to run, filling the bathtub that was in my bathroom and it only reminded me of how sexy Acadia was when she was naked.

Her skin was so fair, flawless all over and her body was toned and tight, I wondered what she did to stay so fit before she met me...

And those scars of hers... I still wanted to know what had happened to her to give her such gruesome scars, but as long as she wore them with the pride and grace that she did, they were of no concern to me.

I still couldn't stop myself from imagining her laying in the bathtub, completely naked and so vulnerable, as if her body was just beckoning for mine...

What would it be like to make love to her once she was ready for us to mate?

I was nervous for when the time would come, anyone would be if it was their first time and since she wasn't a virgin, I was expecting her to take the lead or to guide me.

To hear her moan my name in pleasure would be unlike any other sound I would ever hear...

To feel herself press her body against mine would be unlike any sensation I would ever feel...

And to be able to claim her as my mate entirely, that would be unlike any other event that would ever happen in my life...

_____________________________

Hey hey hey!

Hope you guys liked chapter seven just as much as I enjoyed writing it and yes, I did change the cover along with adding the title to it aswell, looks good eh?

Don't be shy with that feedback and don't forget to fan and comment!

<3LittleTigerlily