Chapter Six

>{Chapter Six}<

Acadia's POV...

Caitlin... Caitlin Taint... Joshua's sister... What could I say about my mates big sister that wasn't too hash...

I guess most would say that she's a child at heart, full of energy that was enough for a whole continent and bubbling with so much life that she could possibly bring back the dead if she tried.

She was a bit weird for my liking, with the way that she was so loud infront of others and didn't care if they looked, how she spoke her mind to whoever she felt like talking to and how she didn't care about what people were whispering behind her back.

She was crazy... but in a positive way...

We were currently in the small shopping square that was just down the road from Joshua's house and I realised as we walked through the small market stalls that everyone was a vampire.

"Are there no humans in Kalamunda?" I asked Caitlin, just as she leapt onto the top of a small brick wall and walked along it like a tight rope in those killer heels of hers, not even losing her footing in the process.

"Nope. Our coven, our beloved Nightshade Coven, is the second most powerful and deadly vampire society in the world. First is the Coven of Anadyr but that's all the way in North-Eastern Russia. Have you heard of them?" Caitlin asked innocently, jumping down from the garden wall and landing infront of me.

I froze, realising that she was talking about my parents coven and my homeland, but there was no way she knew that... right?

"I've heard a few stories" I dismissed, continuing to walk ahead as Caitlin lead the way.

"You know, you have the exact same last name as the King and Queen, along with that handsome Prince Markus" She said dramatically, fanning her face.

Wait!

There was now a prince?!

My parents had another child?!

I had a brother?!

"Prince Markus? I've never heard of him" I whispered, struggling to contain my mixed emotions.

"You've never heard of Prince Markus? are you sick in the head? He's the second child of the royal family, born seventy years after their first child was kidnapped and murdered" Caitlin said casually, turning to face me with a dreamy smile across her face. "He's everything a girl could ever want in a guy, good looks, a sexy voice, power, influence, domination and money!"

"He can't be that amazing if I've never heard of him" I shrugged, forcing myself to not make a big deal about the fact that I had a brother I knew nothing about.

My family was still alive and well and in charge of the entire vampire race, I was glad that Cavanaugh didn't succeed in his plans to overthrow my father.

But I had a brother... named Markus...

"You coincidently have the same last name as the royal family and yet you know nothing about them. You truly are a mystery Acadia" She laughed.

"So your Joshua's sister?" I asked, wanting to get away from the emotional subject of my family as quickly as possible.

"Half sister actually, different mothers but the same father" Caitlin said as we took a seat at an outside table of a small cafe called Cup-A-Ccino.

"Joshua never mentioned his father or his mother to me" I said quietly, mainly to myself.

"Joshua's mother Lyra was a a kind and loving woman, she even loved me like her own daughter" Caitlin explained, calling over a waiter who worked at the cafe.