Chapter Two

>{Chapter Two}<

Joshua's POV...

I couldn't help myself as I watched her walk away, the length of her shorts should've been illegal since I could see most of her ass. But what a fine ass it was...

My mate, she was even more beautiful than I could've imagined, with long hair that was the colour of pure ebony, skin as flawless as ivory and a body that most women would kill for.

Her jumpsuit-type of outfit was so tight that it was like a second skin, moulded around her hourglass figure, those naturally large breast of hers and showing off those long legs that went for miles.

I couldn't help but wonder about those large scars that she had at the tops of her thighs and around her shoulders, especially the even more gruesome scar that she had around her neck...

But she looked so goddammed sexy with those scars of hers, managing to look both dangerous and deadly.

She had already knocked out my second in command, Devon was my best fighter and the strongest vampire I knew. My mate was able to defeat him within a minute...

She was truly mindblowingly amazing in every way.

As soon as she was inside, I turned back to Devon who was still unconscious by my feet, so I knelt down beside him and sighed.

Placing my hand on his forehead, I closed my eyes and focused myself, using my powers to bring Devon back.

Many vampires had abilities, not all of us but many.

It made me wonder if my mate had any powers or abilities...

I was able to enter others minds, to communicate with them mentally, to see what they saw, to feel what they felt and I could also control a person but that was dangerous since it took up so much of my energy.

As I entered his mind, I could see many colours that were all blurred together, red, black and the icy blue of my mates eyes.

I felt his anger and embarrassment towards my mate. He was angry because she had been so confident towards his threats and he was embarrassed because she had knocked him out so easily, whilst infront of some of my clan members.

Fuck, my mate was so perfect if she had no fear of anything...

But I found the part of Devon's mind where he was most focused, it was hard to explain how I was able to use my powers.

To me, the mind was like a giant but dark room, with anything and everything inside.

I saw the part of his mind that was like a glass floor, with Devon underneath the surface.

So it was like imaging my hand reaching through the floor, out to his and pulling him out of water, up to the surface with me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Devon was conscious again, sitting up infront of me as I stood beside him.

He seemed dazed at first, trying to figure out what had happened when he must've remembered my mate and what she had done to him.

"I'll fucking kill that bitch!" He snarled, staggering to his feet quickly.

The thought of someone hurting my mate in any way made me furious, weather it was verbally or physically, I would kill anyone who harmed her.

I would die for her, she was my mate and I already knew that I loved her with all of my unbeating heart. I would protect her from the world if I had to because she was and is my woman, and only my woman.

"You'll do nothing of the sort!" I said with authority, standing infront of him to stop him from entering my house and getting any closer to her.

"What's gotten into you Josh? she's just a fucking rogue, she's"- I was angry at how Devon raised his voice when he talked about my mate.