Chapter Five

>{Chapter Five}<

Joshua's POV...

After I had showered, I put on my usual black suit and tie, the clothes that many clan and coven leaders wore.

My hair was tied back aswell, with the few pieces that escaped and framed my face.

I was currently sitting in my office, at my desk as I went through some paperwork for the meeting with all the clan leaders in Australia.

An important meeting that I held once a year for us all to be up to date with the issues affecting each clan and coven.

It was only a week away and I hoped to be mated with Acadia by then so no males would try to get with my woman while I wasn't looking, if she bared my mark then no male would dare flirt with her.

But after what happened this morning, I was confused as to how she felt for me.

Acadia seemed so eager to shower with me, we were making out and there was no denying how aroused she made me when out of nowhere, she completely shut down.

She seemed distracted by something on her mind and we hadn't talked since.

That all happened an hour ago and she was currently walking around my large office, looking through all of the books that were displayed on the bookshelves that lined the walls.

She seemed amazed by them all, running her hand along the spines and occasionally stopping to have a closer look.

"Acadia?" I called out, looking up from my papers and seeing her standing by the history books I had of vampire kind.

She was so entrance by the book that was about the history of Russian vampires, as if it was important that she see what it contained.

She looked sexy in that leather outfit of hers, the very revealing jumpsuit that she seemed to be so attached to and the way she seemed comfortable with wearing so many weapons.

But I was more interested with the very noticeable scars that she showed proudly.

Like a medal that a soldier wore on his chest in a march.

What was the story behind them?

She looked up from the leather bound book that was open in her hands, having a far away look in her eyes when we made eye contact.

"What happened this morning? Everything was going well until you became concerned with something" I asked her, not wanting her to feel uncomfortable around me.

There was a long silence as she walked over to me, closing the book she held and taking a seat on the edge of my desk.

She held the book in her lap as she looked down at her hands, obviously anxious about something.

Whatever was troubling her, I wanted to fix it and make her feel better, no matter what it was.

"Can I ask you a question Joshua? and it's okay if you don't want to answer because I would feel the same way if you asked me this" she said quietly, twiddling her thumbs and avoiding any eye contact with me.

"You can ask me anything Acadia, your my mate and I'll love you no matter what" I assured her, concerned by her unusual behaviour.

"How many women have you been with, apart from me?" She whispered, finally looking up and looking me in the eye.

I saw the look of worry in her eyes, as if she were afraid of my answer.

I smiled though, obviously taking her by surprise.