Chapter 2; After effects.

Jamaica

"BYE" I shouted waving at Jason's SUV driving off. I couldn't contain the tears that washed down my face. When his car was out of sight, I went back up into the apartment we own together.

Oh, or used..to own together.

I went inside and closed the door. I sat on the barstool by the kitchen island and sipped  a cup of juice. I sighed when I noticed how empty and quiet it is without Jason.

It's like the place is all grey now and glumly. I got up and walked into his old room.

There was only a bed and a dresser. I went into his little private bathroom and made sure he didn't leave anything. I spotted his orange toothbrush in the corner on the sink.

Really J?

On his dresser laid a folded piece of paper. Curiously I picked it up and unfolded it.

Dear Jamaica,

      I'm really going to miss you. I will make sure to send you lots of photos that I will send you photos I take while I'm in school. You've always been a great best friend. You
Me when no one else could help. You helped me in school. You gave me a Place to stay after high school and you've given me the best friendship that only Someone could only imagine. Maybe someday I could give back all that love ;) I hope we FaceTime,text,Instagram and all that to keep in touch. If we don't see each other for a while I hope you do good and make sure you stay away from these little hood rats trying to get your attention. Lol I will miss you Maica

Love you, see you soon Maica
                                                                                                   Jason M.

Tears stung my eyes once again. I really hope I see him soon. I clutched the note to my heart.

That night I drank my little broken heart out. I had shot after shot after shot of vodka. This continued every time I felt heartbroken. I was able to stop before I got addicted and became an alcoholic thankfully. I even smoked and gave my virginity to a boy I barely knew. I was a wreck.

Then a year later I leaned to pull myself together and accept that Jason is gone and will never like or love me.

...

Sooo? Any feed back? The Next chapter jumps four years later when Jamaica is 21 and is a well known model and small Business owner. Also Jason has finished Photo school and is a pro photographer.