I Don't Know Him

Chapter F O U R  -  I Don't Know Him

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So wood nymphs do serenade you as you eat at Beauxbatons?” Hermione muttered thoughtfully. Ron gave her an incredulous look. She continued, “And I thought that Fleur Delacour was over exaggerating.”

A dreamy look passed over Ron’s face at the mention of the name. Hermione looked like she wanted to slap him. Harry’s eyes glazed over slightly as well, but I was mildly surprised.

“Fleur?” I grinned. “She was a few years higher than me at Beauxbatons.”

I paused, “She came here for the Triwizard tournament didn’t she?”

Hermione looked distracted. “Oh yes, she did. And I’d never seen quite such a…” She trailed off dubiously, a fretful expression on her face. I spaced out, thinking ahead...

The sound of something trundling down the small corridor of the train met my ears. Harry and Ron sat up straighter immediately, expectant expressions poised on their faces. Confused, I turned to the door.

A second later, a middle aged woman poked her head around the door. Even with the door, I could tell that she was pushing a trolley jam packed with snacks and treats. The toasty smell of pumpkin pasties wafted into the small compartment. It smelled so wonderful that even Hermione’s grudging expression killed itself.

“Anything from the trolley?” Trolley lady asked briskly.

Harry stood up quickly and immediately bought a stack of cauldron cakes and a couple of chocolate frogs. Ron was a bit more hesitant with his money but bought a pack of Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum.  I bought the gum too, as well as pack of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans to keep myself entertained.

Hermione bought two pumpkin pasties and the lady trundled off. After Harry shared around the cauldron cakes (how nice of him), the atmosphere was filled with the content sound of munching and the scent of ridiculously good tasting snacks.

I gazed out the window at the dusky scenery, aimlessly eating my every flavour beans. The first one I tasted was awful – it tasted like carpet fluff, if I knew what carpet fluff tasted like. The second was better, but I would’ve preferred a tomato over a raw radish. I twisted my head around slightly and offered my new found friends some beans.

They took some and my mind was left to wonder about our brief but fruitful meeting. Yes, they were my friends now.

Gross,” Ron pulled a face. His nose wrinkled, his mouth moving furiously, trying to finish the remains of his red bean. Definitely not pretty. “Spinach.”

“Tough luck,” Harry grinned. “Vanilla.”

Hermione swallowed hers, “Tomato sauce.”

Ron got over the brief torture of his tastebuds and started chortling. “Tomato sauce? That’s bloody brilliant.”

“Don’t be childish Ronald,” Hermione sniffed. “You got spinach after all.”

“Better than tomato – “

The two suddenly stopped bickering. I saw Harry tense from across me. Curious, I looked toward the compartment door…

Draco was just walking past. Next to him was a tall boy who wore a disdainful expression. I froze and suddenly I couldn’t even twist my face away. Something told me that this wasn’t good.

Draco’s face turned slightly. His cold eyes met with mine for an instantaneous moment before flickering to my companions. An arrogant sneer appeared on his face and I was confused. The compartment door slid open.

“Whatever do we have here?” Draco drawled sarcastically, leaning with a casual bump against the frame of the door.  The tall boy beside him regarded us with scorn.

Harry glared fervently, “Isn’t this getting a bit old, Malfoy? Find something better to do.”

A small, menacing grin appeared on Draco’s face.

“Torturing you will never get old, Pothead,” He replied finally. His eyes flickered over my form for another second. A flash of hate. “And what can I say? I get bored.”

A glimmer of anger was rising in me now. He was the one who told me to stay away from him and yet he was the one to break the promise first? And what was with those constant I-Hate-You looks?

“Go away Malfoy.” Hermione stated calmly. The white blonde head of my ‘husband’ turned to her sharply.

“Oh, I didn’t see you,” Draco taunted wickedly. “Nice to see you too, mudblood.”

If I was slightly angry before, now I was flabbergasted. The degrading term rang through my head and I stared at Draco, at loss for words. It was awful of him to call Hermione that. Apparently I wasn’t the only one shocked; Ron jumped up and lunged for Draco. Harry did too but Hermione leapt up in the knick of time to hold them both back.

“Stop,” She puffed. “His insults are meaningless. Don’t let them get to you.”

“But Hermione!” Ron sputtered. “He called you a-a – “

I know,” She snapped back. “He always does. But I don’t care. Stop wriggling and sit your arses down, you two.”

“How touching,” Draco said contemptuously. “What shall we do, Blaise? Applaud her for her act of bravery?”

The tall boy next to him scoffed, “Let’s go. They’re not worth our time.”

Draco smirked, turning, but not before he gave me another dangerous look that could kill. I watched uncomfortably as the two walked away. Twisting back around, I found Harry and Ron staring at the door stonily and Hermione looking exasperated.

“Have you two met?” She asked me thoughtfully. “You and Malfoy?”

I blinked slowly, “Why?”

She shrugged, “The look he was giving you. It was quite venomous.”

I sighed, a small sad smile painted on my lips before shaking my head. Draco’s words echoed in my mind.

“No, I don’t know him. Never seen him before in my life.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, I'm so sorry >-<

This chapter was quite a bore because it was a filler D:

Thank you melissa300,  vanex300, x3rosiex3 for commenting!

I'd love more feedback <3