Guess I'll Make Some Friends After All

*This story doesn’t follow the original storyline of the ‘Harry Potter’ series, so the Golden Trio haven’t left in seventh year >:D

Yet.

Chapter  T H R E E  -  Guess I'll Make Some Friends After All

~

“Draco!” Lucius called, looking agitated. He repeatedly checked his expensive gold watch and with each passing second, his expression became stonier and stonier.

I stood uncomfortably by myself near the gate, a few feet away from the in-laws. My Hogwarts luggage were piled around my feet and Draco’s were next to mine. My new Hogwarts uniform rustled slightly in the cold breeze. It felt a bit unnatural - I was used to feeling the smooth blue silkiness of my Beauxbatons dress. I guess it couldn’t be helped.

The front doors finally opened after a few seconds and Draco stepped out into the frigid air. His uniform, I could tell, had been thrown on carelessly – but it still managed to look neat on him. His tie was loose, his top button undone.

He saw me glancing at him and gave me a look that made me turn and wince to myself. I knew that I had ruined his life, but couldn’t he look from my perspective for once? It wasn’t exactly a dream come true for me either.

“Good,” Lucius said in a snappy tone, once again checking his watch. “Let’s go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

We had arrived at platform nine and three quarters with ten minutes to spare. Our luggage had been loaded already, so I was just waiting while Lucius was talking to Draco. I looked around with supressed interest. There were owls, cats and toads everywhere; sitting on trunks, making a racket in cages, squirming in their owner’s arms. I stared at them wistfully, wishing I’d bought my own pet. Unless I made a few friends (I guess it would be pretty damn hard, since it was the seventh year), I guessed I’d be the sore thumb sticking out in the midst of Hogwarts students. To add to it, I was pretty sure Draco wouldn’t want me hanging around him.

“Draco Lucius Malfoy,” Lucius told my ‘husband’ sketchily. “Stay out of trouble, you hear? Even if you do, don’t get me involved. I’ve wasted enough time with these lowly, commoner people.”

Harsh. I was a bit shocked. I knew of the Malfoy’s thoughts on wizarding families without pureblood bloodlines, but I tried to think of everyone as equals.

“I won’t father,” Draco replied, sounding like he didn’t mean it. His eyes were roaming elsewhere, anywhere away from me I guess. “Can I go now?”

Lucius frowned, “Take your wife with you. Take care of her this year, you hear?”

Draco was half-listening. He made a noncommittal sound from his throat and started walking away. Everyone else had started giving their parents last goodbyes and were  crowding onto the Hogwarts Express now. I waved goodbye to Lucius and had no choice but to follow Draco and try to get least an ounce of direction. I felt terribly lost.

I looked around and didn’t realize Draco had stopped walking until I walked into him. I apologized quietly and cowered a bit. He glared down at me, gray eyes cold as flint. I could see a group of his friends a little way in front, but they hadn’t noticed our presence yet.

“From the moment we step onto the train,” He stated coldly, without making eye contact. “We don’t know each other. I don’t know you, you don’t know me. Stay away from me at school and don’t expect me to help you with anything.”

Something about the way he said it pierced tiny, painful holes into my heart. The unfamiliar tingling sensation in my eyes was slightly unbearable.

Oh god, I thought to myself silently, don’t make me cry in front of him.

Too late.

A small, crystalline tear escaped from the corner of my eye and landed splat on the ground. My breath caught, hoping he didn’t notice. I glanced up quickly. There was a brief flicker of surprise in his eyes but that disappeared a second later, replaced with his usual hard expression that was reserved especially for Miss Audree Avery aka Audree Unwilling-To-Be-Malfoy.

“Understood?” He scowled, emphasising his previous statement.

Forcing a bright smile on my face, I nodded.

Without a word, he swept away, heading to his group, while I quietly found myself another entrance onto the train. Climbing on, I found most compartments full, which was a bit unfortunate. I would’ve liked some alone time. Sighing unhappily, I went round to the end of the train, attempting to look for a less full compartment. Lots of boys leant out of doors and offered me seats, but I declined nicely.

Finally, I found a carriage with three people. A redheaded male, a girl with bushy brown hair and another boy with black hair and glasses.

Poking my head round the edge of the door, I shyly asked, “Um, do you have space for one more?”

The girl glanced at the boys before turning back, “I’m sure we do. Come in.”

“Thank you,” I said politely, stepping in. I sat down lightly next to the girl.

“Are you new? I haven’t seen you around,” She smiled nicely. “I’m Hermione.”

“Ron,” The redhead introduced himself, blushing and biting into a chocolate frog.

The black haired boy opened his mouth and my attention was drawn to his forehead. No wonder he looked familiar.

“And I’m – “ He started.

“Harry Potter,” I finished for him with relish.

He smiled awkwardly, “Haha, yeah.”

“I’m Audree,” I began easily. “I just transferred here from Beauxbatons.”

Beauxbatons?” Hermione sat up, interested. I could see a million questions buzzing around to be asked in her eager brown eyes.

“You’re French?” Ron gawped.

“Partly.”

“That’s so cool!”

I grinned, thoughts of Draco’s harshness towards me evaporating…

Guess I was going to make some friends after all.

~

A/N

Thank you melissa300 for the comment >w<

Feedback on this story please? :D