Chapter 4

It was the first day of school and your girl was extra flyy with two Y's today, and would be every semester if I had anything to say or do about it. This is my senior year and I'm determined to leave this place knowing everyone remembered my name. Mecca, yup that's me.

Walking down the halls of Wadsworth High, I just knew I was killin it with my juicy couture skinny jeans that I ripped and washed countless times just to get the fringes just right. My breast were extra perky in my black leather halter shirt and of course a cardigan just in case these teachers just couldn't take the heat I was bringing on this August morning. My pedi toes were just too cute poking out from my Michael Kors sandals, I was just too cute for words.

The attention I was getting this morning was too obvious as everyone damn near broke they neck just to check me out, and of course I was getting a couple of eye rolls because yes honey, they man was staring my way too.

"Mmmmm, she probably stole all that shit. Word on the street is, she got caught stealing out of the gucci store the other day". That was Keisha, the schools hood rat talking all loud to her two flunky hood rat friends. I really could not stand this girl with a passion, pesty wasn't the word for this girl, ghetto certainly was.

I slowed my cat walk just a bit, "Jealous bitch?".

"Bitch? Oh I got your bitch, hoe!". Keisha proceeded to take her earings off and kick off her off white uptowns. She so wasn't on my level it wasn't even funny, the girl had some nerve.

"Key, cool it. You get suspended this year and you won't graduate", one of the girls by her side said calming her friend.

"Let her stay back another year, what this make Keisha? Three times you didn't walk across that stage? Ha!".

I laughed and shook my bouncing shirley temple curls, Keisha light skin was beat red at the mention of her failing academics. Of course, what else could you expect from a hood rat?

Making my way to home room, I spotted E and slid my way into a seat next to her. "So how you liking it so far? See any cute honeys?", I asked looking around the room for some eye candy.

"It's ight, could be better". E replied with a shrug.

"She better keep her eyes from wondering, she know my brother don't play that". Reggie slid on the other side of E giving her the stare down. These two were so suspect. Every since that party, Reggie been coming over E house more often than any normal visitor would and they always end up alone in her room. Being the blunt person I am, I came right out and asked her if she was having sex with Anthony brother and of course she denied it. Saying Reggie is like her little brother and all they do is watch movies together when they in her room. Yea, okay.

"I was just joking dang. She can at least look", I rolled my eyes at Reggie because truthfully, he was annoying and act like a leach. Always up Emily butt talking about how Anthony wouldn't like E doing this or saying that. If that was how Anthony is, then he must have been one annoying boyfriend and I don't know how E does it at all.

"Whatever. Your single so that's why you think like that. If you had a man, your would understand. Expecially a man like my brother, right Emily?". Reggie stared at E waiting for her to agree with what he said.

"Yup", was all that came out her mouth. I just can not deal with this girl or this guy at all. They both needed to get it together before Anthony come because the way were acting, you would swear they were a couple.

After the home room bell rang letting everyone know that it was time for first period, I made my way to AP biology. Science was my favorite subject out of everything, and of course it would only be right that I loved math as well. Because I loved the duo, it was only right that I become a biochemist and make that green the legal way. I had big plans for myself, and leaving New Jersey was definitely one of them. After getting my degree, I planned on settling somewhere down south with a C.E.O husband and have 5 of his kids. Yes, a big family was in order and I would make sure not to bug my kids like my mother did me. Yes I made mistakes growing up but who doesn't grow from them? Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves chances, and I was definitely deserving.

Since moving in with Emily, I stopped stealing all together and even got a little part time gig at Subway at the mall, my favorite place. Because it was the first day of class, it was just a lot of talking about the class and expectations but being in AP, we still had homework the same day, not just paperwork for our parents to sign like any other normal class. The classes ended quicker than I liked and it was on to AP math, yes Lord.

To my surprise, one of Keishas flunkys was sitting in the far back, we exchanged eye rolls before I took a seat in the middle roll giving us some space but letting her know Mecca is no punk. Asia, the flunky, could not be dumb enough to try me in this class. Unlike her home girl, I am actually trying to graduate and do something with myself, not be someone's baby mama and collect checks from the state every first of the month. Shoot, I was still a Virgin believe it or not so your girl was straight.

While the teacher talked about the course material and what we would be learning this year, two girls behind me starting whispering about my party and how poppin it was.

"Oh, and I heard Aaron got it on with Mecca during the party". Said one girl. I could feel my brown face turn hot. What in the world?

"Mmmm, what a skank. She must have really wanted some so bad she gave it up to the likes of him", said the other.

Oh really now.

Turning in my seat with a whole lot of attitude and much eye ball rolling, I corrected these two birds. "First of all, I did not sleep with Aaron, secondly, who told you that bull?"

"Wouldn't you like to know", said the first chicken head. This chick was blowing my mind by the second, and the fact that Asia was sitting in the back of the class and laughing quietly did not make things any better. Knowing her, she was going to tell Keisha who was bound to tell the whole school that foolishness in order to get back at me about this morning.

I raised my hand and asked the teacher if I could use the bathroom, just like any other teacher he glared at me letting me know that he really didn't want to let me out but hey, what can he actually say?

As I made my way down the halls, all I could think about was how Aaron was about to hear my mouth when I seen him. Just great, this is the last thing I needed to happen during my senior year. Yes I did want to leave with a bang and everyone knowing my name, but not with everyone thinking that Mecca was a whore.

Just as I suspected, Aaron was exactly where he alway is every year during classes, the abandoned janitors closet with a freshmen girl smoking a blunt.

"Aaron, why is there people talking about we did something at my party?". The words came flying out my mouth followed by spit, your girl was livid. How dare he try to taint my name I was trying so desperately to save? I was already known for stealing, I didn't need people thinking I give the goods up to just anybody, oh no, expecially not Aaron.

"Mecca chill, you see I'm busy". He looked at the young freshmen in lust, I could see how. She was certainly a pretty girl with long jet black hair and a cute little figure that was coming in. Don't she know she can do better? But like most freshman girls, they all want a senior guy and all the senior guys want freshmen girls, gross.

"My behind, boy if you been going around spreading that false bull, your going to regret it". Boy he had a lot of nerve, I was so ready to spit on him it was crazy. I don't care how disrespectful it is to spit on someone, I had zero respect for Aaron, expecially how he grabbed me into that room at the party and tried to have sex with me. Truth be told, I was even a little scared of him, even now, but he wouldn't know it.

Before the ugly frog could answer, I sashayed away back to class not willing to spend a single second longer sharing the same air as him. What a low life dog, that's what most boys were nowadays, dogs.