Chapter 6 ~ Locked Together

Start from the beginning

     I put the phone back in my jacket pocket and strolled past the river to my apartment complex, reaching it more quickly than I had thought. A buzz from my pocket pulled me from my walk.

From: unknown number

Happy im natsus best friend and lisanna told me to text you from natsus phone so he would have to talk to you 

To: Natsu?

I'm still confused... Are you at Natsu's apartment? And how are you his pet...?

      I reached my apartment and quickly came in and shut the door sighing in relief to be home. I collapsed on the bed. 

      I heard the fridge open and shut. Some pervert is in my house stealing my food. How lovely. I grabbed my whip from my belt and slowly walked towards the small kitchen area. As if the day couldn't get any weirder, a little blue cat with little green sack tied around his neck walked out the kitchen with a fish in his hands. He looked up at me and smiled, "Hi! Are you Lushee?" 

     "Um... Yeah, yeah I am. And you are?"

     "Happy!"

     "What the hell are you doing in my apartment?!" 

     "Please don't hit me Lushee!" I had raised my whip in fear, which now seemed silly considering his size and species. 

     "Then start explaining cat!" 

     He opened his mouth to speak but at that moment, another idiot came crashing through the door I had forgotten to lock. "Happy! Are you okay?! Mira told me she heard from Lisanna that you were scared and in apartment..." The pink haired idiot finally looked up and found me standing in front of what I assumed was his "pet" and "friend" that this creature had told me about. Suddenly, it all made sense. 

     "Dammit, Lisanna..." I cursed under my breath, finally figuring out what Lisanna had set up. 

     Natsu started to yell at me, "What are you doing here?!"

     "I could be asking you the same thing since you're standing in my apartment!"

     "I was told Happy was in danger!"

     "I found him eating my food in my kitchen! He seems perfectly fine to me!"

     "Then why did Mira tell me that he was in danger!" 

     "I don't know! And who the hell is Mira?"

     "Professor Strauss."

     "You're on a first name basis with a teacher?"

     "It's not like that!"

     "Then what is it like?"

     "Why do you care?"