Chapter 24

Katniss's POV

I twist my new silver ring around my ring finger. Rue sits down next to Prim on the couch, their height differences very obvious now. I pull out the vial and show it to them.

"Rue is very sick, and this is what she's going to have to drink," I start. Prim takes it from my hands and handles it gently, her blue eyes scanning the object. Rue sits beside her, clutching the blue teddy Gale bought her at the hospital. Prim gives it to Rue, who stares at it like its a piece of garbage.

"I'm not drinking that, it looks yuck," she states. I try my hardest not roll my eyes at that remark. I take it from Rue and put it in my back pocket.

"Rue, your going to have to drink it," I say. Rue shakes her head violently. "No way! That stuff looks like blood!" Rue shouts.

"Rue, unless you want to be sick and have headaches all the time, your gonna have to drink it!" I say. Just as the last word escapes my mouth, Rue crumples onto the floor clutching her head.

"Rue?" I ask. Rue starts screaming in extreme pain. I immediately know what's wrong. I push Rue off the ground and make it so she is leaning against the couch. I pull out the vial and read the instructions on it.

Have a drop of the medicine a day.
WARNING
Don't give more than a drop since it will cause stomachaches.

I unscrew the top of the vial and open Rue's mouth.

"Mummy what's going on?" Prim's reedy voice utters beside me. "Rue is sick, Prim, but it's okay we've got a cure," I promise. I tip a little bit of the liquid into Rue's mouth. The crimson red substance drips in seamlessly. Rue closes her mouth and lays onto the floor, her screams silenced. I sigh in relief, as I wipe the sweat of my forehead.

It's okay we've got a cure. My own words echo in my head. It's okay.

A/N

Guys I am so very sorry I haven't updated in like, 97278879298 years! I've been away from Wattpad for a while, and I kinda wanted a break. IM NOT GOING TO LIE, I WAS LAZY OKAY?
Sorry for the short chapter! I know I hate them too

GUYS I NEED HELP
I need a new cover for this story and I'm crap at making them! If somebody could help me and make me one I would seriously appreciate it!

Thank you for reading! See y'all next chapter!