Chapter 5

I screamed as I felt someone push me to the ground. "Get off me!" I yell. I try to get back up but the person is to strong and doesn't let me do that. "Get away from me!" I yell again. The person doesn't even budge as I elbow them into the leg. "Help!" I yell. I try to kick the person. "Help me, someone plea..."the person puts their hand over my mouth making me unable to speak. I bite the person on the hand really hard until I feel their blood drip down my lip but they still don't remove their hand off my mouth. I try to scream but it all just sounds like muffled whimpering. I feel a sharp jab at my neck and I feel cold liquid making its way into my bloodstream. I try to shake off the needle, but it's too late. I feel my body turning limp and my eyelids feel heavy. My eyesight becomes blurry but I still get a glimpse of a person wearing a black mask pushing me down to the ground.

My eyelids open the second I come to consciousness. I feel a strong fabric covering my mouth and chains around my wrists. I am in a room with nothing but a plastic chair right in front of me. I am strapped to the wall by strong metal chains that look unbreakable. I tug on the chains and I feel a searing pain in my wrists. I tug on the chains again and I cry as I do. "There's spikes in the chains." I hear someone say. I look at the chair and I see Peeta. He looks tired and worn, like he hasn't slept for days. "Peeta!" I exclaim. He doesn't smile. "What's happened? Why am I here!?" I say. Peeta just looks at me. "Peeta?"

"Katniss, they forced me to do this, remember that," he cries in pain as he clutches his chest. I shake my head as worry and fear fills my head. "Peeta, just do what you have to do," I say. He nods. "Katniss you have been in the rebellion against the Capitol."

"You won the war against the Capitol, that's what everyone thinks. People are still out there wanting the old way the districts were run."

"Those people have caught you. We will make you bring back the Hunger Games and the way life was before," Peeta says. I take in a sharp breath. There is nothing that will make me bring back the Hunger Games. "You will never make me," I mutter.

"That's what we thought you would say," Peeta says. "Let us bring you to the torture room," Peeta says, his voice filled with fear. I just smile. "If that's what you want to do," I say sarcastically. They will never make me I think not even with the worst torture there is.