Part 29

"This is all getting so surreal..." I sigh. " I can't do this anymore."

"What are you talking about? I know its a little stressful. But hey, there's only seven days left until the wedding. You'll survive. Don't stress.."

" Its impossible not to stress."  I smack my spoon into my bowl of frozen vanilla yogurt then take a bite of it.

"Why so upset?""

"I just somehow thought my mom would have at least done something. At least called and said congrats or whatever. But shes done nothing. I'm getting married without any of my parents. Or half my siblings. Its just not fair."

"Doesn't God do everything for a reason? Don't question it."

"Sigh. I have to remind myself that everythings going to be just fine. This is what I want. This is what I want for my family. Why does it all seem so difficult though?"

"Getting married isn't the hard part love."

"What is?'

"Staying married." She chuckles lightly, almost playfully but also totally serious.

"How are you and Sawyer doing?"

"I mean, we're doing great. I'm not gonna lie, we argue a lot. But we always work through it. We argue less now. I think that space between month two and month five were impossible. After that honey moon stage. Life sunk in and I think we were both questioning our life decision. But now its all good. We got counseling through the church."

"Why didn't you tell me all this before?'

"I knew Ethan wanted to marry you. I didn't wanna scare you and you not follow through with it. That guys madly in love with you and I wanted no part of breaking his heart."

"I don't regret saying yes. Its all just coming quickly now."

"Relax, breathe, and don't forget to pray. You can't do all this with out God so, don't forget to include him in this."There is exactly seven days before the wedding and its safe to say I'm freaking out.

"Thanks for talking to me Tessa. I'm scared we won't get any time together this week. Now that Ethan and Alina are in school I'm even more swapped, as you know, I have to go pick up the supplies for the cake tomorrow with Maci-"

"Your still making your own cake. Can you handle that on top of everything else."

"To be totally honest, this cake is the only thing I've even looked forward to through out all this. I love baking. It'll give me a few hours break."

"Yes, but do you love baking a few days before a wedding?" Tessa ask skeptically.

"Shush. Okay I gotta go pick up Sadie. Thanks for having lunch with me." I hug her and kiss her cheek. "Love you. See you later."

"Bye Arlie."

"Hey where are you guys going on your honey moon?" Maci asks as I peel a cucumber over the sink for the dinner salad. She was stirring a pot of pasta to make spaghetti with.

"I'm not sure. He won't tell me anything. Part of our deal. I get full reign over the wedding and he has full say over the honey moon. And he wants it to be a surprise so if you find out please tell me."

"Nah. Ethans smart. He wouldn't dare tell me. I bet Jade knows. But good luck getting it out of her." SHe chuckles knowingly.

"Speaking of that, We find out if Jades baby is a boy or girl tonight right?"

"Yup. At desert they said. I want a niece."

"One, your not related, two, Don't you think theres enough girls in this house?"

"Were all family here, What are you talking about?" She blinks at me completely serious.

"Okay..."

"And there is never enough girls."

"If I ever have another kid  I want a boy."

"If? you know Ethan wants kids."

"I know. But I feel so overwhelmed with my life already. Can I handle another kid?"

"I'm sure all this life will settle down after the wedding."

"Probably not. I think this will always be our life."

"Why?

"After this, Jades baby will be born, then something else will happen, you still need to get married, we have brithdays for all of us, Chloe and pierce, babys will be born and heck, life in general."

"You right. But that's what makes us family."

"And I guess deep down, I love it."

After dinner, were all sitting in the living room and Jade and Nash bring out a cake.

"For the record guys, we don't know the gender either. Me and Jade decided we want to share every moment of this with you all. So we gave the gender to a baker and he dyed the batter the color of the gender. So when we cut it, we will all find out the gender together."

"I think we should pray first." Knox speaks up.

"Good idea." Jade smiles "Will you lead?"

"Course" Knox says a quick prayer and then Nash hands Jade a cake knife.

"Ready?" He asks, she nods and together they cut into the cake, revealing a blue velvet cake. Meaning there having a boy.

"Ohemgee a little boy!" Chloe shrieks first. Then the outburst of different emotions follows. Jade starts to cry happily. I hug her and congratulate her.This is great.

"I always wanted a boy." Jade admits. "growing up with all sisters. You know."

"God answers prayers." I tell her simply.

"What will you guys name it?" Pierce asks

"I like Phillip." She shrugs

"I was thinking Malachi. From the bible"

"I don't know. I guess we'll have to discuss it." She chuckles happily.

___________________________________________

Next chapter is the wedding!!! Coming soon!

vote

fan

comment

XOXO