Chapter Two

Chapter Two -

Unknown

Lord please save her for me - Bryson Tiller

D E M A R I E '

Blinking my eyes, I try to focus my eyes. I was in a unfamiliar bedroom. 'Where am I?' I thought to myself. Sitting up, a sharp pain shoot through my stomach and back.

"$hit." I hissed.

Footsteps come from outside the room, I slowly but quickly lay down without trying to cause any more pain in my stomach. As soon as I did, the door opened.

"B¡tch, I know you're not sleep. I heard you in here." A female spoke.

I kept my eyes closed.

"Get-"

Another voice spoke."What the £uck you doing?"

My eyes pop open, when I realize who the voice belongs to.

A U G U S T

"Augustttt!" Layla yelled, excitedly.

She ran to me.

"Layla wait..." A girl came up behind her. I guess she work here. "Are you on her list to pick her up?" She directed towards me.

"Uh, ion know. Her aunt ask me to come get ha' cause she stuck at work and her mom not answering the phone."

"Well I guess since we closed over a hour ago..." She started and bent down to Layla.

She whispered something to Layla before looking at me and walking off.

Helping Layla into the car, I buckle her up getting in on the other side.

"Aye Lay, what that girl whisper to you?" I ask.

"She asked me did I wanna with you." Layla shrugged.

'Stupid b¡tch.' I thought.

⏩⏪

I kissed her forehead, laying her in my bed. I pulled the cover over her before leaving the room.

Walking into the living room, I lay back on the letting my thoughts take over.

'Dang ma, where you at?"

Demarie' still haven't tried to call or reach out to nobody.

My phone starts vibrating on the table.

Unknown

"Wazzam" I answered. "Hello?" I say when nobody says nothing.

"August..." A female voice says in a sing-songy voice through the phone.

"Who 'dis?"

"Awe', you done forgot about me already."

"Naya?"

She laughed. "Maybe."

The line went dead.

"£uck going on."

My phone vibrates again, but this time it's a message with a picture attached to it.

Opening it, I see a picture of Demarie' laying in a bed...knocked out. Looking closely at the picture, I notice something in the background.

I quickly shoot a to text Vonte' before going to get Layla.

-

Comment. Vote. Share. Addtoyourlibraries. Comment. Follow. Most importantly Comment.

Demarie to the side ➡